Rentals in Dyker Heights>Question Details

nycbrowneyes…, Renter in 11228

Looking for a 2 bedroom , pet friendly rental in Dyker Heights/ Bay Ridge area... I am able to pay a full year's rent up front, if that helps.

Asked by nycbrowneyes89, 11228 Sat Jan 5, 2013

Thanks Looking for a 2 bedroom , pet friendly rental in Dyker Heights/ Bay Ridge area... I am able to pay a full year's rent up front, if that helps. Thanks

Answers

5
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
yes I can help you with that I have 2br pet friendly location in Dyker heights big rooms for $1700 contact me 347-644-7107
It's Michael from 1st premier realty, i have aprtments in Bay Ridge and Dyker Heights, Bensonhurts.
Please feel free to give me a call, and i will be glad to help you fined the right apartment.
Thank yyou
Michael A.
718-745-5792
313-590-1533
Hi, call me I have a pet friendly building I deal with in prime Bayridge area. I will be glad to arrange a showing for you. Thanks, Johanna

Just-In Realty
Johanna Gyuro Lic. Real Estate Broker

(917) 838-1937
justinre@optonline.net
Hello nycbrowneyes
Why not work with an agent. I have some apartments I can show you. Let me help you find your new place.
Rapid Realty
958 Lafayette Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Mmonserrate@rapidnyc.com
Rapidnyc.com/mmonserrate
718-877-9350