Rentals in Park Slope>Question Details

Shanette, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Looking for a 1 bedroom in Park Slope and our move date is March 1st. Budget is $1.8k-$2.6k. One year lease and does not own any pets.

Asked by Shanette, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jan 2, 2013

Answers

5
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Hello Shanette,

Hope your apartment search has been stress-free so far. I see you were looking for a March 1 time-frame. I actually have a place with March 1 as the approximated time-frame of availability. http://www.rapidnyc.com/listings/view/134466 take a look, and if it seems like something you looking for, let me know. Other listings will become available as we get closer to March, but for now
I wanted to reach out and share this with you.

Jovan
--
Jovan Capote
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Rapid Realty DUMBO LLC
Phone: 917-514-5332
Fax: 347-442-7230
Hi Jovan, thank you for reaching out to me regarding this listing. I actually viewed this apartment with the owner. Its a great apartment but we are looking for something with full service. Thank you again!
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
Hi Shanette,

Our company not only has been in business for over 50 years, but our company sells and rents properties faster then any others.

We have a large selection of properties and you can see them at http://www.madisonestates.com.

It would be my pleasure to assist you in your search, feel free to contact me.

Joanna Pizzolorusso
Madison Estates
Lic. Real Estate Salesperson
917-273-4418
718-797-2222
Hello Shanette,

I have a variety of places in the Park Slope area that might interest you.
Give me a call anytime.
Cell#: (212) 300-3919

Luke Constantino
Douglas Elliman RE
M: (212) 300-3919
F: (917) 369-2690
lukeconstantino@elliman.com
http://lukeconstantino.com
325 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231
Feel free to give a call to me when you get closer to your move in date Some time around first week of Feb. 2013.

I have 1 bed room apts in Park Slope.

Robert Gross| Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

97 Hoyt St l Brooklyn NY 11217
Office 718-923-9601 l Fax 718-923-9606 l Cell 718-614-1066

http://www.skylinegroupny.com

Follow us: Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube