Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Erika, Other/Just Looking in Texas

Looking for a 3Beds house for rent in Austin TX 78727, 78729. Also Round Rock and Pflugerville considered !!

Asked by Erika, Texas Mon Jan 2, 2012

Hi :)
I have some clients and they need a place by January 15th. They are looking for a 3Beds House, with gas, and preferably in the Austin North/Central area, below $900 if possible. We are having a hard time trying to find a property since they have a 3 Year Old Pit Bull. If any of you allow this kind of dogs and have a property available to Rent in 78729/78727 ( even Round Rock or Pflugerville) , please let me know. I will be more than glad. I'd really like to help them.
Thank you very much for your time and help!
Have a blessed day!
Dany
danycgrtexas@gmail.com

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

6
Charles, a letter from the vet won't help with vicious breeds, any landlord, for rent by owners included, would be putting their insurance policy at risk by allowing any animal that is on the vicious breed list to live on the property. This issue is not known enough in our industry and it should be at least mentioned in real estate school.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
The pit bull is an issue. Insurance companies are not allowed to insure properties at which animals on the vicious breed list is living, and pit bull is on that list. Even the American Staffordshire Terriors are not allowed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 2, 2012
The pit bull aside, finding a 3 bedroom rental in North Central Austin is terribly unrealistic. Even in Round Rock, that price point can be difficult. Their best bet is to drive around and call individual "For Rent by Owner" signs (an individual landlord may be more open),or you'll just need to call Listing Agents to verify before showing. You may see if they can get a letter from a vet to verify that the dog isn't agressive, but all in all, their budget is still very unrealistic in today's leasing environment. Sorry, and Good Luck!
Try this link for rentals on Trulia matching your search criteria and I suggest contacting the landlords/property manager and asking about the dog, but as another poster suggested, it might be a problem.
http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/78729,78727_zip/3p_beds/0-900_price
That is correct, what Ms. Zellous has stated below. We are also a Property Management Company with approximately 170 residences, and we are not able to allow the Pit Bull as well in any of our properties.

CHRIS RODRIGUEZ, e-PRO®, SFR, TRLP
The TAG Team at Austin REAL Pros, REALTORS®
Austin REAL Pros, REALTORS® - Downtown and Central
1310 South First Street, Ste. 210
Austin, Texas 78704
(512) 458-3730 Office
(512) 921-1431 Wireless/Facetime

REALTOR® - #0563503 - Licensed to Practice Real Estate in the Great State of Texas
If they can work with a 2 bedroom, there is a property management company that can help them. Give me a call at 512-786-5649 or email me
directly reputablerealty@yahooo.com and i will give you the information.