Rentals in Brooklyn>Question Details

Kaitlin, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Looking for a 1BR in west Bklyn starting end of July - is it too early to start?

Asked by Kaitlin, Brooklyn, NY Tue May 31, 2011

Two people a cat, need good access to subway (I work in Manhattan)

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Brooklyn

Answers

7
Kaitlin,
Am one of those honest Brokers from Florida. When I do not know the answer I will pass. But since we are almost in September I will guess, I think you are just a bit late.

Good Luck,
October.
We should be ending our hurricane season in Florida by then. It will be safe to come down and meet us on the beach You can recognize me from the rest of the people from Bklyn I have a nice sun tan.
Go only if you like window shopping - but much like a good sale - everything you like will most likely be rented by that date..new rentals are listed almost daily, some stay a very short time, others a long time..(gotta wonder why) so if you want to go just to see whats out there then by all means take your time...then when you are ready to rent..you will have a better idea of what you want and don't want!
Excellent timing... I have a few available in the Midwood area as well as Gravesend & Homecrest & related areas.

Jack Menashe
917.797.0215
http://www.SHERestates.com
No, it's not too early to begin your search, especially if you have more than one area of interest.
Hi Kaitlin,

Its not too early to start looking. The perfect apartment for you may be showing now though move in is not until July or August.

For example, I've got a great one bedroom in a Prospect Heights Brownestone that won't be ready to rent until Mid July early August that's being shown now. Its in walking distance of Atlantic Terminal with access to 2,3,4,5, B,D, N, R, & Q Trains. Give me a call if you're interested.

Elaine Cooper
Real Estate Salesperson
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: 718-858-4700/Cell: 917-544-2662
elainecooper@fillmore.com
Dear Kaitlin:

As long as your willing to invest the time,you can start now.If the landlord does not want to wait you may have to go sooner to get that primo apartment. Also, as you get closer to the date you will have already gained the knowledge about rental values in today's market which will help you to make good decisions as you move forward.

If you need help locating an apartment, I would be happy to help. How high in rental amount would you be willing to view? Either way, good luck!!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Its never to early to start looking. This is a great time to learn the market and know what to expect when the time comes.