Rentals in Long Beach>Question Details

Donna Davis, Renter in Petaluma, CA

Long Beach Living

Asked by Donna Davis, Petaluma, CA Tue Jun 18, 2013

Which part of Long Beach would be the "safest" place to reside in? I'm looking to be close to the beach, restaurants and around easy going people.

Answers

6
Belmont Shore and Naples are the most unsafe place to live in Long Beach, There are the only two places that are in a flood plain and require fema flood insurance.
As from my previous experience working with home security, there is never such thing as "safe." I've seen some pretty bad break-ins in guarded gated neighborhoods of Palm Springs, yet I've seen homeowners in the sketchiest parts of Inglewood claiming that they never had a break-in in years (of course, with bars on windows and tempered 1/4" glass).

In general, the safer "places" would be 2nd floor and higher without street access. And if you have street level access (windows, weak doors), make sure to secure it well, especially vulnerable spots are in backyard or behind plants (away from neighbors' sight).

As for each area is safer, there were some great places mentioned already. But the best way is always to drive by at night and try to look and feel it for yourself.
Of course as my colleagues have mentioned earlier, Belmont Shore and Naples are great places to live. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc, etc. I lived there for ten years until I moved inland a bit to the Los Altos/Stratford Square Area. This is considered a very safe area. More or less the "Suburbs" of Long Beach. Close proximity to freeways, shopping, parks, dining, Cal State Long Beach, recreation, schools, etc. Here you could rent a home for the price of a two bedroom apartment in Belmont Shore. Median sales prices range from the Upper $300k-$600k range. If you are looking to have some space and not have people right on top of you, this is a great place to consider. I hope this helps.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
460 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Seal Beach, Ca. 90740
562-810-7387 cell
DRE Lic#01456982
Naples, Belmont Shore and Belmont Heights, are the closest neighborhoods to the Beach. Naples has canals like in Italy and is named for its namesake. The Peninsula is another area along ocean blvd that is beautiful and you have ocean or marina views from this location. I have lived in Long Beach and my office is in Belmont Shore and we handle rental properties as well as home for sale in these beautiful locations. I would be happy to send you some of the current listings in those areas for you to look at and if you decide to come down here, I would be happy to give you a tour. On Tuesday we have our Belmont Shore tour of the new listings on the market. You could join me on that too.

Looking at the crime website below will provide you the information about safety. And you can decide if this is the place for you. I lived at the Beach for 15 years and I loved it and my tenants who live there now rarely leave except when they are ready to buy their first home. Often if they can afford it is in those areas I mentioned. A friend of mine who was just 79 just sold her home in Naples where she lived 50 ft from the water for $675K and loved the area so much she bought a condo with an ocean view and a lovely balcony at the Fountain in Naples which she felt would be less responsibility than her home of 35 years.

I would love the opportunity to chat and share my 35 years of experience and help you find a wonderful place to live.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker,e-Pro(R), SRES(R)
DRE Lic#797560
bsterator@aol.com
714-296-7270
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Servicing Long Beach & Neighboring Communities for 34+ years
Hi Donna,

Although the question asks "safest" place to reside, it would be misinforming to select one property over another without projection of any time of crime and/or activity. I suggest to all when seeking a specific area to reside, consult with the local Police Department and/or internet with sites such as http://www.crimereports.com where you can input addresses and areas of your desired living may be and the reports will give you thefts, sex offenders, assaults, etc.

Hope I have been of some help to you. When you are ready to visit Long Beach to procure a rental home, please feel to call me at (949) 381-9847 and our team will be happy to take you out on tour!

Regards

Jim Dunn, MBA
Broker
TRI CROWN REAL ESTATE
(949) 381-9847
http://www.TriCrown.com
Founded in 1992
Hello Donna!

Belmont Shore and Belmont Heights are definitely what you described in your question. Safe, friendly easy going people, walking distance to shops and restaurants but there are other parts of town that are good too. Depends on your budget, if you like a house or a condo and if you are renting or buying. I just gave a client a tour of Long Beach and introduced him to different areas. I'd be happy to do the same for you. This is a free service and never an obligation for you to use our brokerage. It will be our pleasure to show you the city. My contact information is below. Feel free to call anytime.

Max Hunter
Realty Gratitude
Broker
Direct: 562-230-4124
Email: Max@RealtyGratitude.com
Address: 295 Redondo Ave, Suite 102, Long Beach, CA 90803