Rentals in Richardson>Question Details

Mayflowers, Other/Just Looking in Richardson, TX

Leasing far in advance

Asked by Mayflowers, Richardson, TX Wed Apr 25, 2012

We are moving to Richardson in July. We want to sign a lease for July 15. There are several houses available now that we like but it's only April 25. Can anyone tell me how far in advance owners are willing to sign and wait for us? The houses we are interested in (Breckinridge) have been on the market for a while.

Answers

4
Generally owners will hold a home for 30 days with the proper deposit. So I advise people to give whatever notice is required at their current residence and contact me 30 days prior to wanting to move. The market is moving so quickly I also ask to fill out a Rental application and keep with you as we look because when we find the home you want the time it takes to go fill out an application and return it to me is just enough time to lose it to another prospective tenant... Contact me with your search criteria and I will set up a personalized search for you. I look forward to working with you and assisting in your home search
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 25, 2012
Leasing is an all time high in DFW at best on the market 5 -10 with move in within 30 days.

Search 30 days prior to your date of possession.

Richardson homes for rent Richardson Tx
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5041…

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
In most cases if you don't want to starting paying until your move date, then landlord might hold for 30 days. Most of the best homes move very quickly these days. If they have been on the market a while, I would suspect they don't look as good in person as they do in the pictures, or there is some other issue, like location or neighborhood.

If you want to move in July, probably best to wait and look around 2nd-3rd week in May. Have your application completely filled out, have your deposit ready, have your app fees ready, have copies of your driver's license and last two pay stubs ready (in case they ask, some do and some don't) Have all that ready before you even look. Then you will be able to get right on the ones you like best and have the best chance of getting them. There is lots of competition so you want to do everything you can to make your application look good. If you have any other documentation you can provide at the time of lease that supports your application, that is good too.

For Richardson rentals check out the link below. When will you be here to visit the homes?
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
How long an owner is willing/able to wait for your move in would depend on their particular circumstances. I just wrote a lease yesterday for a June 7 move-in so do not think you will have a problem, especially if the house has been on the market for a while. I would be happy to contact the owners for you if you email, text or call me with the address or MLS numbers of the houses you are interested in leasing. Click on my photo for my contact information.