Rentals in Miami>Question Details

Blondyfm, Home Buyer in Kissimmee, FL

Leasing HELP! My Realtor sucks.

Asked by Blondyfm, Kissimmee, FL Thu Jan 31, 2013

I need to know if I can fire my Realtor. He has been of no help what so ever. I found a place, told him to take me to see it, liked it, submitted the offer and got back papers to sign today. My problem with this Realtor is that he is obviously just trying to make a buck. When we viewed the property and I asked him about the different concerns I had, his response was "Oh yeah we can put that in the offer". Now I found out that NONE of that was done. So now he's telling me it's too late since the offer was submitted. I AM LIVID. This guy is a jerk. So question now, is it too late to fire him? I haven't signed the lease back and I don't want him to make a dime of this lease. Please help!

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Miami

Answers

13
Blondyfm’s answer
Thank you everyone for the great responses. Because I did already give a deposit and had my friend who is an inspector go through the place (no issues found), I went ahead with the offer. I am going to speak directly with the Realtor about the way he handled the transaction and make sure to follow up with a complaint if necessary. Because the cost of my "concerns" come out to less than $400/year and everything else was good, I am going to chalk this one up to lesson learned. I normally and EXTREMELY thorough with things like this but I allowed my excitement and emotions to cloud my good judgment. Again, thanks everyone for taking the time out to respond.

Best wishes,

Blondy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Blondyfm,

Your Realtor has an ethical duty to represent you and your concerns. Each Realtor has a broker and a company they represent. I would talk to the broker about your problem and ask that they speak with the cooperating broker (the listing side of the rental) about your concerns before you sign the paperwork. If the issues he did not state in the contract cost you money, then I would consult an attorney. Until there are actual punitive damages you may have nothing to recover. I am very sorry that you have had this experience with a Realtor.

The majority of Realtors are in the business because we love to help people. We want your new home to be a place you enjoy and that you will come back to us when you choose to move on or refer your friends. This Agent is not the norm, and I apologize for your stress. Please feel free to send me an email at THOYT@prutropical.com or message me on Trulia with other questions.

You found the place, you liked it enough to want to lease it and now you will get the joys of living there. Don't let his actions taint your thoughts. Enjoy the excitement of your new place and our great FL weather. Just like an old BF, forget him and move on to something he will never be, better.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Thank you Tracy! This is the road I ultimately took. I love the place and I am not going to let this realtor spoil the joy of finding a nice place for me and my family. Thank you again for the response!
Flag Fri Feb 1, 2013
Did you read the offer before signing ? If there is no security deposit yet, something can be done.
If you have not made a deposit then you have a good possibility of modifying terms, get in touch with the owner or listing agent. If you have made a deposit, you are going to loose it if you do not proceed.
After all you signed the offer, which is a contract to lease. There is no excuse for your Realtor but iit was your responsibility to check the terms.
In regards to firing your Realtor, I would say it is too late , his name
is in the offer, he is the procuring cause. But you can make his life difficult by putting a complaint on FREC. If your instructions were only verbal, you have no way of proving your case in a court of law
but at least FREC will review the matter and your Realtor
may be properly reprimanded.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
One of our local agents? From Miami? What a surprise!!!!
Hello. Sorry to hear that. I would recommend to call the office of the Realtor and talk to his broker, tell him all your concerns, he should help you contact the listing agent, explain the situation and write in the lease the issues that bother you. Do not sign the list until every detail have been clarify and written down, I hope this can help.

Celia Bravo
License Realtor/Mortgage Broker
Realty World REC
786-200-9375
csbravo@att.net
celiabravo.com
You should be able to fire representation at anytime you do not feel you are getting proper service. This is provided you didn't sign some type of buyer/ tenant representation agreement. The reality is that your agent should have added the repairs and concerns you were requesting on the offer / contract to lease form. You obviously would not know that this is the process that is why they have the license. The problem is that your agent is not looking at the big picture, I teach my agents that renters become buyers and eventually become sellers, they also provide referrals for future business. I recommend you engage a new agent / broker and show them the paper work you have signed and you let them know if you have placed a deposit. This agent should at least look at the paper work and give you a bit of free advice, if they are smart they will realize that you will remember this in the future and call them or refer them in the future. Please feel free to browse our agents profile for a qualified agent. Look at our site we specifically specialize in rental transactions: http://www.miamirentseekers.com
At this point your first recourse is to talk to your agent's broker and explain the situation. Maybe he/she can help you reach a viable solution with the listing agent/broker. If the offer falls through you will then be able to find another realtor. I hope that helps.

Alberto Baca
The Keyes Company
305-218-2504
AlbertSellsHomes@gmail.com
Blondy... it really depends on what was in that offer... did you give him a deposit? Because if you did, you risk losing it. If he has a broker, you can reach out to that person, and see what can be done.

Unless you can arrange an amicable solution, it's time to talk to a lawyer.

Sorry for your troubles!
Being that this is a major concern of yours' if i were you I'd contact the listing agent and/or landlord directly especially if you specifically requested the agent you were working with to add these concerns to the contract to lease.

Although you should've read the contract to lease thoroughly before signing don't allow an agent's malfeasance to force you into signing a lease agreement you're uncomfortable with. There's a litmus test involved when determining procuring cause and duties that have to be meet on agents part.

Andre Shambley
The Andre Shambley Group
Real Living FSR Surfside
786-704-8482
Unable to answer you specifically without seeing ALL the documents you signed then unable to give you legal advice, Realtors are NOT attorneys you may need to seek legal counsel if you are "damaged" in any way and want to seek compensation. Also its unethical to interfere in a 3rd party transaction so YOU have to reach out to me if you want.
If you need anything further please feel free to call me during normal business hours at the contact info in our website link below. And please also send your email address and phone number so we can keep in touch. I'll be excited to help you with all your real estate needs and honored for the business opportunities.
Hi
Give me a call,I'll help no non sense
305 300 8540

Anthony K
Blondy,

Wow I'm sorry to hear this! There is many people out there without experience at all.
What you need is someone experienced on their field. I mean there is so many options on Real Estate. ( sales, investments, luxury homes, gas station agents) there is so many options I couldn't believe it before.
There is people specialist on High rise building and others specialized on Rural, urban or commercial.
well this is an amazing industry.

But it is a little late for you. Unless you don't want the house any more.
This process is called a procuring clause. and the agent did his part. If you have an email, text message or a piece of paper that you present to him before submitting the offer with all your conditions then it is a win win situation if not, you will end up paying your agent commission.

Blondy, i'm not agree to follow Alexis advise and if you decided to do something like that please go and seek for a legal advise. (we are not attorney's)