Rentals in 11553>Question Details

Tangerine1618, Renter in 11553

Landlord pays the broker?

Asked by Tangerine1618, 11553 Sun Oct 24, 2010

I live in Uniondale I'm trying to find a house for rent where the landlord pays the broker's instead of me paying,I'm looking for a house around the East Meadow or Bellmore Area.
Thank You.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 11553

Answers

4
In general, the tenant pays the broker's commission

Joseph Brown
Century 21 American Homes
516-297-3146
For most Nassau County area rentals, generally the tenant pays commission, unless the landlord agrees otherwise beforehand--if you haven't done so yet, consider checking local print media for by owner rentals and word of mouth.
In Nassau County, the tenant generally pays the rental commission. Having said that, anything can be negotiated - the commission can be paid by the tenant, by the landlord or some accomodation can be reached where the parties split the commission. There are also ways to have the landlord REALLY pay the commission even though the tenant actually hands over the check. One way is to negotiated a lower monthly rent which may ultimately save the tenant the same amount as the commission he/she is paying.

I hope you find this helpful.

Arlynn

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel Real Estate
Direct: (516) 410-3594
Email: Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 24, 2010
If you find a house the fits your needs and you are a desirable tenant (good credit, references etc) and are not squabbling about monthly rent, you may be able to negotatiate to have the landlord pay the commission even if the listing states otherwise. Landlords often will start by pushing the commission to the tenant side, and then move to split or pick it up if necessary to move the inventory. A local agent can help from here.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com