Rentals in 94952>Question Details

lambtoasted, Renter in Petaluma, CA

Landlord moving into our rental house - evicting us

Asked by lambtoasted, Petaluma, CA Wed Aug 15, 2012

Our landlord has given us 30 days written notice to vacate our house. He stated he was going to move into the property himself with his wife. My husband has lived here two years and I have been living here for 9 months. It was my understanding he needs to give 60 days notice if he wishes to occupy the property and pay us a months rent? is that correct? if so can you please provide me with a link to that law?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 94952

Help the community by answering this question:


Since your husbad has lived there more than 1 year, the landlord must give 60 days notice. Exception is: If the house goes into escrow, then notification time drops to 30 days. See pages 50 and 51 of:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 27, 2014
Generally there needs to be 60 days notice if the tenant has been there greater than a year. Check your lease and contact an attorney if you're being inconvenienced.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 15, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer