Rentals in Oak Ridge>Question Details

Cmnkumar, Other/Just Looking in Oak Ridge, TN

Joining Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Knoxville, in a month or two. Looking for a an apartments as close as possible. Any suggestions ?

Asked by Cmnkumar, Oak Ridge, TN Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

6
We have a very nice 2 bedroom 1 bath house that is about 2 miles from Y-12. It will be available for rent in September. Amenities include fresh paint throughout, security doors, new windows, central heat & air, nice porch, stove, refrigerator, new washer & dryer, off street parking and we take care of the yard maintenance. Rent is $600/ month. 865-898-9797
Kewgyrl is definitely right. I've lived in this area all my life. Centennial Village is the nicest and closest place you'll find. It is the only apartment complex that is more upscale in Oak Ridge. There is a scarcity of nice rentals in Oak Ridge. Many resort to living in West Knoxville, where there are abundant choices.
hi, i need help on getting an apartment for 10 weeks. please can anyone help
Centennial Village on Waterview Dr. Straight shot to ORNL and approximately about 14-15 minutes. My husband works at ORNL and we're moving to Centennial Village today. According to my search, it is the closest with the least amount of fighting traffic compared to the other places nearby and believe me when I say I put a lot of time into the research. There are a lot of amenities at the place we're moving to as well as a lakeview across the street and Haw Ridge park where you can rent kayaks, go fishing or take nature walks. We considered Bristol Park and it is nice as well but chose Centennial because it has a bit of living in the country feel without having to drive hours to civilization. There are lots of things to do in the community. Another place that is close but in a different direction is Rarity Ridge. Other nearby places that are in Knoxville are Lovell Crossing & The Enclave of Hardin Valley just to name a few. I did a google search by typing rentals near Oak Ridge, TN then opened another tab using Google maps to figure out where each place was in relation to ORNL as well as estimated travel time. If you decide to move to Centennial Village please tell them I (Tabitha) sent you and I'll split the referral fee with you :)
My husband and I live in the nicest apartment community in Oak Ridge (seriously...ask around). It is called Bristol Park Apartments(http://www.bristolparkoakridge.com/). We have lived here for around 3 years. We love it. And I can't think of any apartments closer to ORNL than these. We're only a few miles away from the lab. You really should check this place out. I think a lot of people come to live here when coming from out of state to work at the labs. There are tags from all over the country here in the apartment's parking areas. If you are going to sign a lease here, I'll let you know my name for the referral fee. Seriously though, this place is an amazing place to call home.
Have your contact at ORNL send you a copy of their internal Classified Ads. They often have roommate, houses, and apt rentals listed. Also, you might check Craigslist for Oak Ridge/Knoxville for info as well.
There are many homes in Oak Ridge that rent to interns or new hires at the Lab. Good Luck and Welcome!