Rentals in Lakeview>Question Details

Annalise Smi…, Home Buyer in

Its the end of January, my move out date is March 31. Is it too early to start looking?

Asked by Annalise Smith, Mon Jan 28, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3107238409-611-W-Arlington-Pl-C…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Lakeview

Answers

21
De Vonte Williamson’s answer
Hello Annalise! It sounds as though your lease is up as of March 31st. If this is so, you should probably begin searching in mid February. If you are planning on purchasing a home, you should begin the process ASAP. You may even be pushing it if you begin now, if you are looking to purchase a home.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/ISellNY
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
Never to early to start looking! You are going to need to get pre qualified. Give me a call and we can get you a no obligation quote! Congratulations!

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-470-6830
http://www.qmlending.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
Hey Annalise,

In my experience the golden window to start looking is 30-45 days. That being said I have had clients in town 2 months before their move and I was able to find an owner that would hold the unit vacant a few extra weeks. Every listing is circumstantial but try to keep an eye out for units that are coming available for March 1st or 15th and see how flexible they are in holding it for you.

Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 27, 2013
For rent, 45-60 days is the earliest to hit the pavement. Online research I'd say 60 days out for that and getting your financials in order.
You would be better off looking in the beginning or middle of March. Rentals turn over so frequently that you can bet almost every rental you have seen will no longer be available. You can hire an agent to help you find a property and many of the times agents are paid by the landlords so it does not cost you anything. If you look in the "Find an Agent" section on the top part of Trulia, you can type in the area you are looking and all of the available agents will come up. Not all agents will focus on Rentals so you will want to make sure their profile states that they cover that expertise! Best of luck and Happy New Year sir!
The best time to start looking should be 30 days to 45 days for rental properties. 60 days is a good start to do some research to see what is out on the market.
It's never to early to start looking but the best time I would say is when you have 45 days left on your lease. This gives you enough time to find a place. Remember not to wait last minute! It's a very hot rental market and they go fast!
I dont think it early if you want to secure a nice place. Rental market is fast and you should already have an agent who can send you some properties and keep you post it what is on the market.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need a help with search.
Maja
Absolutely not! You are going to have to get prequalified for financing. Give me a all in the office and I have can have a prequalification out to you in a couple of hours.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
http://www.qmlending.com
630-470-6830 office
630-330-2229 cell
sean@qualitymortgagelending.net
Annalise,

Start now finding a Realtor to help you now. The rental market moves quick, you don't want to wait long. I live and work in east Lincoln Park, feel free to contact me about your needs.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Nope, it is not too early, start this very minute.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Nope. Start looking as the rental market is pretty tight in that area as it is in most these days. That one is a basement unit which is why it ihas lasted 18 days.
I would definitely suggest you start looking!
Not too early for either one. At the end of January landlords receive notices from current tenants that they will not renew on March 1st, thereby giving 30 days notice. In a seamless transition the landlord would have someone lined up for March 1st occupancy. But we don't live in a perfect world and sometimes for the right tenant/situation a landlord will hold a property a couple of weeks, so in my opinion it is not too early. As far as a purchase, providing you find a condo/apartment/home you like, your financing could take 30-45 days to close, so this would be an ideal time to start looking.

Any other questions you have regarding timing and how much advance planning you need to do, please direct to me and I'd be delighted to work with you.

It depends on whether you intend to buy or rent. It is NOT too early to start looking for a property to purchase, because it usually takes a minimum of 45 days to close a home purchase.

It IS a bit early to begin looking for a rental; the rental market is really tight right now, and good units go quickly. In other words, if you find a good rental now, it won't be available by the time you're ready to sign a lease (and the landlord is not likely to hold it open for any length of time).

(Sample situation: I placed a request to show a unit today, for a Sunday tour... and the listing office wouldn't place the request, because it's "too far in the future" and, "the unit will be gone by then".)

However, it's not too early to prepare yourself to face the rental process. Most landlords require that applicants have good credit, and a clean background; so, make sure that you address any problems (if any) with your credit. Make sure that you have good references (especially your current landlord, and former landlords); and make sure that you have verifiable former addresses, and employment.

Finally, when you do begin your home search in earnest... if you find a place that you really like (assuming that you find a worthwhile property, free of defects etc), make a serious offer to rent or purchase it. Many times, when people find just the right thing after their first property tour..., they pass on it, assuming that there are plenty of similar properties out there. Then, they spend the rest of their search looking for the property that got away.

http://www.bairdwarner.com/angela.bailey
angela.bailey@bairdwarner.com
It is a little early. The best time to get serious about your search is 45-30 days prior to your move date.
With the way rentals are going right now, I would say its way to early. Your best bet is to start looking end of Feb, early March.
I would suggest to start aggressively looking towards the end of February. Reason being most private owners are looking to rent the vacant unit asap . Looking now will frustrate you because you may find the perfect home and It is a high possibility that it will not be available March 31st. The other reason is you will have much more accurate inventory to choose from the closer you are to your move date. One exception to this is managed buildings, they generally have accurate list of openings sometimes 60 days prior to their unit become vacante. Its is not a bad idea to spend this time educating yourself on the current market conditions, narrow down your potential neighborhoods, scout a potential realtor to work with . The better prepared you are for this time the faster and easier your apartment search will be.
You have 2 months to move into your new home. If you begin the search from now and find a place be prepared to provide the security deposit immediately. If your credit, income and references are acceptable the landlord may be willing to hold the unit for you. Else, seriously begin the process with 4-6 beforehand.
Ask the landlord if he will take an application now for a 4/1 move in. Be careful not to give up money without having a signed lease, see the property and verify who owns it. This is a very low rent for this area and unit.
There are phishers on Trulia.
Is this to buy or lease? 60 days is usually enough time for a lease.