Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

Unspecified, Renter in Irvine, CA

Is zillow real estate a real company?

Asked by Unspecified, Irvine, CA Fri Jul 12, 2013

Answers

10
It is in fact a company that focuses on Real Estate stats and information regarding local areas. They are not an active Real Estate company that sells or leases properties. So they have no active listings that are held at their company or active agents that are selling on their behalf. They simply gather information provided by local Real Estate Associations and place them onto their site.

Cheers!
George

George Langford - Senior Sales Associate
Founder of http://www.SevenSquaredSF.com
Climb Real Estate Group
251 Rhode Island, Suite 105
San Francisco, CA 94103
T: 415.336.8191
BRE#01719561

Find me on Facebook!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 12, 2013
If you want to know if a company is legitimate or scam,you should keep in mind the following instructions
1.Use Whois lookup tool like http://www.whoisxy.com/ to check the whois information.Because legitimate company properly update whois database.
2.Then check whether domain owner contact details and E-mail address is currently active or not.
3.Finally take some reviews about that company using Scamadviser.com,Webutation.net.
I am sure above the steps are very useful to check any company is legit or scam.I hope it will be very useful to you.
They are a good company that can help you get in touch with a real estate professional :)
It is a legit company, yes. You may use them to get a 'rough" valuation on price. But if you need more accurate information on properties or valuation,contact your local Realtor.
Websites like Zillow, Redfin, etc. are portals for potential home buyers and sellers to find information about the market, what's available, and also what's sold. Their systems are decent, but often times outdated and include information which may not be 100% accurate.

I agree with Lance that the best way to get the information you need is to contact a local Realtor. If you know someone in the profession they are a good place to start, and if you don't I am always more than happy to help in any capacity involving real estate in San Francisco and the Bay Area. The MLS is the only universally recognized system for finding up to the minute updates on real estate in your area, and as a Realtor, I have access to this system.

All the best and good luck with your search!

Aaron Bellings
Realtor, Vanguard Properties
BRE #01915431
415-601-3000
It is a website that offers valuations on properties (which are often WAY off due to their algorithm) and methods for real estate agents to advertise themselves and their listings, and owners to offer their properties for sale.

If you are looking for properties to buy, neither this site or trulia or any others are the best way to go. Find a reputable, experienced agent/broker who is active in the business to help you.
It is a real estate website. Not a brokerage firm that buys/sells real estate. They pull listings from local MLSs.
You mean this one? http://www.zillow.com/

If you are looking to buy a house, email me and I'll look at MLS (the Multiple Listing Service) for you .
If you are referring to zillow.com, then yes!

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA BRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted. truonly
Unless they are operating under another name, Zillow's California real estate license expired in 2010. If this is true, they are not licensed to broker transactions.