Rentals in Transit Village>Question Details

t, Real Estate Pro in Longmont, CO

Is this a SCAM because it seems way too good to be true. I've searched "Transit Village," and the new name of the site is called, "Boulder Junction."

Asked by t, Longmont, CO Sat Aug 31, 2013

Answers

7
I think you are looking at a "permanently affordable" option in Boulder. Here is a blog with more details about the way it works: http://www.boulderrealestatenews.com/permanently-affordable-…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
sure; Was off on holiday today; will do first thing in am Tuesday
Flag Mon Sep 2, 2013
Thanks Bob! Would you mind sending me the floor plans to the Paonia Street condos/townhomes? I can see the exterior plans and descriptions but I'd like to see the layout of the interiors.
Thank you!
-t
Flag Mon Sep 2, 2013
Thank you for your prompt reply!
Flag Mon Sep 2, 2013
They are in the process of constructing this site on the corner of Pearl and 30th. This site will provide you with more details information: https://bouldercolorado.gov/public-works/boulder-junction.

Are you considering buying in this area or within Boulder? If so, let me know if I can help you with your real estate needs or provide you with more information on the Boulder Junction project.

Christine Damiano
GreenSpot Real Estate
303-919-9234
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
Boulder Junction will be a mix of retail and residential living. It's going to be affordable apartments from what I have read about the property. I work right down the street and this project has not been completed yet.

Amber Fahrenholtz
Bodin Realty International
720-988-6490
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
Turn on the common sense and never send money to anyone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. there is no link in your question and I am unable to see what you are referencing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
can I get your email address to send along the floor plans you requested?
From your question it looks like you seek a rental. There are affordable rentals through various programs in Boulder. The city's program (see link below) is for new homeowners. So I would be careful about a to good to be true rental. If it is part of an affodable program, make sure it is available through a credible program like Thistle.

We have had a number of cases locally where scammers use photos from real estate listings and offer the properties for rent. The goal is to get you to send a deposit and first months rent. There always are reasons that the so-called "owner" can't show the property in person. So be careful and never send money. Craigslist has a good page about scams at. http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

So just be very careful.

Best
Ron Rovtar