Rentals in 22407>Question Details

michelle_fox1, Renter in 22407

Is there any way to find a homeowner willing to rent thier home to a tenant with a section 8 voucher.?

Asked by michelle_fox1, 22407 Mon Jan 14, 2013

I am having a hard time finding a single family home. I am looking for a 3 bedroom home prefer 2 levels. I have 2 sons 6 and 16.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 22407

Answers

5
Kelly Gronau Dodson’s answer
There is usually a Section 8 listing book located at your local housing office. Check with the Central VA Housing Coalition on :
208 Hudgins Rd Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 604-9943
I know a landlord that is getting ready to list his home for rent and is open to Sec 8. If you would like to email me your information I will be happy to forward to him.
Have a great day!
Lisa Fanucci-Dario
Coldwell Banker Elite
LDario@coldwellbankerelite.com
Section 8 rentals can be hard to find (as you have found). As a renter you do not pay a commission so it would be in your best interest to find an agent to assist you. This too can be a bit daunting.

I just spoke with another family yesterday regarding Section 8 and there are a couple listed right now and I can always help you find others. If you're still looking, I'd be happy to help.

Misty Mount
Long and Foster Realtors
540-903-6686
There are some Sec 8 properties currently for rent in our area. Many landlords don't understand the Sec 8 process and once informed, may be willing to get certified to accept Sec. 8. There are several ways to search for those properties. If you want to email me at realtorsha@mris.com, I'd be happy to help you search for Sec 8 rentals.
My company will work with Section 8 clients in your area to help you find a rental. Please feel free to contact us: 540-659-3636.

Carolyn Liddell, Broker
Sun Realty of Fredericksburg
licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Fredericksburg, VA
http://www.sunrealtyva.com