Rentals in Orlando>Question Details

Cap D., Renter in South Plainfield, NJ

Is there an HOA fee in renting condos?

Asked by Cap D., South Plainfield, NJ Tue Jan 29, 2013

Hi..If I rent a condo in Orlando, is there an HOA fee that we have to pay on top of our monthly rent? or is it better to just rent an apartment to avoid HOA fee? We're moving from NJ for my husband's job,,,so we're trying to find a place.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Orlando

Answers

10
With the leases I do HOA is included for the tenant and paid by the Seller. But I have seen owners and other agents that advertise the rent low and then put on the lease that the tenant has to pay additional for HOA, so just be carefull what you sign.

If you are looking to rent the properties I manage (with HOA included) my website is http://www.JulieRents.com.

Thanks and good luck.
Hello: That charges aren't your responsibilities. Just be careful at the moment to sing the Contract.

Rosalina Esquilin
Charles Rutenberg Realty
rosseproperties@gmial.com
hoa fee is usually paid by the owner not the renter. But all that will be made clear when you sign a lease
It depends on what the lease agreement states, verify on the lease and do not sign anything you do not fully understand.

Best of Luck
The owners pay the HOA fee and/or condo fee, not the tenants. A landlord would be nuts to have the tenants pay these.
In Florida 99.999% of the time any condo/ townhome will have an HOA..

VP
Which the owners would pay, most of the time.... everything is negotiable..
Flag Wed Jan 30, 2013
The owner is responsible for taking care of the HOA dues. Sometimes, certain condo communities have hoa's that require their approval of tenants before they can move into the community. at times, this fee can range from $25 per person up to as high at $300 per person. But this is normally a one time fee to check your criminal and credit, which could be in addition to the owner's own application. Customarily, you should only be responsible for your rent and your utilities. Good luck with your move!
Hi CAp:

Paying the HOA fee is the resposibilty of the seller. They are just like taxes, the owners usually take care of those. Of course it becomes matter of negotion if a landlord wants the tenant to pay that.

But that is pretty nusual. The reason is if the tenant doe snot pay the HOA fee, then the owner woudl be in trouble. SO usually the landlords collect the rent and then they pay their own tax, HOA,...

Hope this helps.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 165 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Cell: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
The Owner is responsibly for the HOA fees unless your lease states other wise. I will suggest you ask specific question to your landlord and read the fine prints. please feel free to call me . My office has a full service rental department that will be very helpful.
Cecilia Thomas-Dorn
Premium Properties Real Estate
564 N. Semoran Blvd
Orlando, FL. 32807
cecegetmail@gmail.com
331-245-3171
The owner usually pays the condo fee.