Rentals in Sebastopol>Question Details

Rita Brandau, Home Buyer in Windsor, CA

Is there a senior community center in town?

Asked by Rita Brandau, Windsor, CA Mon Feb 24, 2014

Answers

2
The Sebastopol Senior Center is located in the downtown area -- on High Street next door to the library and a couple of blocks away from the Sebastopol Center for the Arts and Ives park. It is a very active place with various exercise, discussion, and interest groups, games, dining and a transportation program. There are activities taking place there all day every week day. You can find more info here http://www.sebastopolseniorcenter.org/ I co-facilitate a women's group there (the women range in age from 67-90), have taken a couple of different exercise classes and have attended a couple of gay and straight dances there -- it is a fun and lively place. Note: I am a seniors real estate specialist, am familiar with centers in other towns too and with housing and services specifically for seniors throughout the county -- I invite any other questions you might have that I might answer.
Thank you so much for the information. We are three 50+ lesbians trapped in the bad air and chaos of San Jose. Two are a couple and the third is very active but on oxygen 24/7. One of us is an artist/art teacher, another a retired horticulturist and the third a retired marriage and family therapist. As a real estate person do you also do rental properties? Craigslist, rent.com and Trullia are filled with so many scams right now because of the San Jose housing market, we hesitate to use it as a resource
Flag Mon Feb 24, 2014
Yes - there is a great senior center that is well supported by the community. Terry Kelly is the director and can answer your questions in detail.