Rentals in Olathe>Question Details

mildab, Renter in Olathe, KS

Is renting a townhome/house( with basement)in Olathe or Overlands park so difficult? Been contacting many people with no luck.

Asked by mildab, Olathe, KS Tue Oct 1, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Olathe

Answers

4
Rentals are VERY hard to find right now. I had a client that decided to rent out their home and had several qualified applicants on the first day, rented it out on day 2. I have a condo going on the market for sale, in Overland Park, with a large basement, in a couple weeks. If you're interested in buying please let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 1, 2013
There is a very low inventory of rental properties in Johnson County now. I also depends on the price range you are looking for...
There is a rental property a street over from me. It's at 146th and Blackbob in Olathe (66062) Best of luck! If you would like some more help... feel free to contact me :)
Did you touch base with the Reece & Nichols rental division? That is the name and phone I gave you on Monday. Were they able to assist you? I know that it is more difficult to get a house rental right now but there are a lot of townhouse/apartment rentals around the city. I have a 1/2 duplex that I am going to list on Thursday but is 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and you likely need more than that. Are you more interested in a townhouse than an apartment?
Most people are wanting to sell their houses/townhouses because they are moving out of state or they sell because they need the proceeds to purchase another place. The market was really busy this year so the inventory of rentals are not as plentiful. If I hear of anything else I will definitely let you know. Try calling the rental department again and let them know what your needs are and they will contact you if something becomes available.
Flag Fri Oct 4, 2013
Gloria, I don't mind a townhouse or even a house but my preference is one with a basement. Yes I did contact the person and told her about one property on website that I really liked. She has left a message for the owner but no answer yet. So I am assuming it is gone.
I am really finding it difficult. And I thought it will be easier to find a home with basement in Kansas:)
Thanks for all your help. Please let me know if you get information about other properties.
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013