Rentals in College Station>Question Details

Me, Home Buyer in College Station, TX

Is it worth it to ask those who may initially just be looking to sell their house if they'd be interested in renting it?

Asked by Me, College Station, TX Thu Apr 26, 2012

My husband and I are looking to rent a house in college station/Bryan, TX. Is it worth it to ask those who may initially just be looking to sell their house if they'd be interested in renting it? And if so, how do I estimate which houses (price range)are even in my "rent range"? Is the estimated mortgage $ a good indicator? Any and all suggestions/input are welcome and appreciated.

Answers

2
Chris Tesch’s answer
I agree with Jody, but in addition I will say that we do get these requests for our clients frequently. If a client even entertains the thought of renting I typically encourage them to simultaneously market it for rental and sale.

As far as a "rent range" I would use the asking price and reduce it to average 1% for monthly rental, thus a home selling for 200K would rent for about 2K per month. This is typically a bit high, but not outrageously.
It depends on the time of year, right now is the busy selling season so sellers would be reluctant to renting their home if they are trying to sell it.
Jody,
Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate it.
Flag Mon Apr 30, 2012