Rentals in Wayne>Question Details

Mle, Renter in Wayne, NJ

Is it worth going through management companies to find a rental in the Wayne area?

Asked by Mle, Wayne, NJ Tue Jun 12, 2012

I am looking for an apartment in the Wayne area, but I keep finding listings by management companies that require a fee to look at their listings. Is it worth paying to look at their listings or should I keep looking on my own?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Wayne

Answers

4
Sorry what I meant was working with a realtor they do not charge fees until you secure an apartment.
Yes they are more knowledgeable and can really expedite your search. Although it is true there is a fee the expertise is sometimes worth it.
Berdan Avenue Apts. are nice check them out. Good Luck!
Mle, Management companies are usually limited to properties they own and you miss alot of opportunities, so it may not be your best way to go; Someone who is charging you to see apartments, before you secure one is also limiting your search and exposure; Having a Realtor working with you covers a tremendous amount of properties and as mentioned, no fees are paid until one is secured; Fee structure is, usually the tenant pays the fee in Passaic County, but in this market, sometimes the owner will pay half or all of the fee, which is good for you;
Want me to send you some rentals to review? Ifso, just let me know your goals, price range, are there any pets and if you have any public transportation needs;
GEORGE "SERVICE" CONKLIN 972-348-9293 JERSEYGEORGE@AOL.COM
REALTY EXECUTIVES -OFFICE- 973-575-6700
Hey, how are you? When it comes to looking at apartments when using a realtor, you don't pay just to look at what is listed, you sometimes pay the commission fee if you decide to rent an apartment that is listed by a real estate agent. Sometimes the landlord is willing to pay the fee, and other times it is split evenly. If you decide to use a realtor, you are still more than welcome to look at apartments that aren't listed by a real estate agent. If you are interested in using a real estate agent, then feel free to contact me, I've lived in Wayne my whole life and know the surrounding area very well.

You can email me at timothy.j.demuth@gmail.com or call/text me at 973-592-3661.

Have a great night,
Tim DeMuth