Rentals in Chesapeake>Question Details

vickiegriffi…, Renter in Chesapeake, VA

Is it possible to rent a place when you are in bankruptcy?

Asked by vickiegriffinster, Chesapeake, VA Sat Nov 3, 2012

Answers

4
It is possible. You have to have good rental history and it also depends if you filed a CHapter 7 or 13 and were you are in the bankruptcy process. I have also found that it depends on the amount of rent. Below $1200 a month has more flexible terms. This is my specialty. Call me.
Kristi S. Wargo Realtor,
1709 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Direct and TEXT 757-773-2517
Office Email: realestategal1@cox.net
Office Phone:757-321-7595
Licensed to Real Estate in the State of Virginia
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Yes, if you have good income and a good rental reference. If so, I have a home for rent in Virginia Beach for $1300, available December 16th.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Yes, it is possible. It will always depend on an indiviual's situation. A steady job, making headway in clearing the bankruptch and such factors will positively influence your or anyone's opportunity to rent.
On the contrary, elements showing no job or the inability to restart building one's credit can damage this option. Spreaking to a mortgage officer or a property manager to have your credit pulled(minor cost) would be a good 1st step. Secondly, a letter of explanation detailing what you has happened to you and what action you have taken would be very helpful.

Hoping you will find a rental soon!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Absolutely! I always advise my clients to be prepared for a double security deposit. I have found it is always helpful if you write a letter to the perspective landlord with an explanation of your circumstances. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012