Rentals in Newburgh>Question Details

Keachar Will…, Renter in Newburgh, NY

Is it possible to find a rental property in 12550 even if credit score is low? My credit score at the beginning of the year was 550.

Asked by Keachar Williams, Newburgh, NY Tue Jun 26, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Newburgh

In my opinion it is not always all about the contents of the credit report. Sometimes it’s the fact that you are willing to provide one that can sometimes matter more.

This being said, it is the individual landlord that makes the final decision on any tenant they lease to.
I recommend having your credit report along with other financial information and references a landlord may request ready to be submitted as part of a the application process.

If there are some issues on your credit report it may be helpful to attach a note addressing these issues and include what you are doing to correct them.

While there is no guarantee what an individual landlord will or will not accept it is not out of the question that your current situation will prevent you from finding the perfect rental. Good luck!
Much will depend on the individual landlord; therefore consider being upfront as to your credit; be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs, possibly have some reference letters handy, consider a guarantor, etc.