Rentals in Waikiki>Question Details

Curtis R Cur…, Renter in Honolulu, HI

Is it possible to find a 1 bedroom decently furnished place in Ala Moana - Kakaako that is not a vacation rental & not a dump???

Asked by Curtis R Curtis, Honolulu, HI Thu Dec 19, 2013

I know it is vacation season but I need to find a place to live while I am looking to buy that is owner-occupied (not vacation rental) that has furniture that does not come from a Thrift Store. While on this subject, even if it is a vacation rental why such junk? The free stuff on CraigsList would be better than I am seeing and I am not talking low end (i.e. Yacht Towers).

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Waikiki

Answers

5
Aloha Curtis,

I know your predicament. There are several properties available for rent long, or short term in that area. Actually, most of those buildings are 'Condominiums', that should only be renting out for minimum six month terms. Many people by these properties and spend the summer months in other areas and come here for the winter months. Unfortunately, we are coming into those 'winter months' when many of them like to come back. But, it is still possible to find a rental for 4-6 months in those areas.

We have an MLS section that handles rentals, where I can send you properties that are available. I would just need to know your time frame, as to when you wanted to rent and for how long.

Mahalo,

Don Dietz - R, CRS
dondhus@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 19, 2013
Don,
Can you help me find a rental in Honolulu? My email is bumpsetspike101@hotmail.com
Flag Sun Mar 16, 2014
Hi, I'm interested in rentals eventually looking to buy some sort of townhouse. My email is, thebunnybitch@yahoo.com

Aloha,

Linda
Flag Sun Jan 12, 2014
Of Course....Call or email me....808-6384-9015 or mikeg@hawaii.rr.com
Yes, these rentals come and go almost every week. But you need an agent because they get first look at everything. I don't usually do rentals, but I have computer access to all the listings and would be happy to help you out. I live on Ala Moana.

Graeme Sharrock
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Keller Williams Honolulu
graemesharrock4@mac.com
I saw a place posted on Craigslist yesterday in Century Center that was for rent furnished. Craigslist is one of the best places to search - you just have to be careful of the scammers. If it seems too good to be true, do a thorough investigation to be sure you are dealing with a legitimate owner or with a reputable real estate company. Good luck!
Cindy Siok, R
At Home Hawaii
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Aloha Curtis,

You may also want tro try toward town, in the area from Maunakea Street (Chinatown), to Punchbowl, on the mauka (mountain) side of Vineyard or Beretania. If it's short term (2-4 months), considered shared rentals as well.

If you send me an email, I can send you a list of property managers that would be helpful.
frank@hawaiihome.biz

Frank Diaz
(RA) MBA, e-PRO, REALTOR®
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell
http://hawaiihome.biz/
Thank you for your suggestion. My difficulty is that even though Atkinson Towers are older and the units more dated; I ended up with a beautiful view in a very homey place (not vacation rental) that was both nicely furnished and large (even has an office setup which for me is awesome). So I want to stay in the area (either side of the Ala Wai but now that I know how noisey Ala Moana is off, it.

Also I think I need to make it clear that I will take something like I have longer term.
Curtis
Flag Thu Dec 19, 2013