Rentals in Orlando>Question Details

JennaDeane, Renter in Hudson, FL

Is it possible for one to rent out a bank owned foreclosure?

Asked by JennaDeane, Hudson, FL Wed Jul 31, 2013

Me and my partner are looking to rent a home while in Orlando for the next several years, as we are both in school. Can we rent to buy a bank owned home? We don't want to spend more than $500 a month, school is far too expensive for us to pay for both.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Orlando

Answers

3
No. You can not rent from the bank unless you are in the property with an active lease at the time of the foreclosure.
Short answer no, try renting from an apartment complex. $500 is a very tight budget, and a lease to own situation would have you paying more than market rent anyway. With a lease option there would be a large non-refundable deposit........good luck! =o)

VP
It's not impossible for you to rent a foreclosed property from a bank but it's highly unlikely in this area of the country. I haven't seen this case except for a tenant who is currently living in the property at the time of foreclosure. And that is usually short lived. Although school is expensive, I don't know if $500/month for living/rent costs in this area is realistic. Good luck with your search!