Rentals in Tri-City>Question Details

Yulis Alcocer, Renter in Oceanside, CA

Is it normal to charge someone fees about a house that you just want a walk through before you decide you want to rent it out?

Asked by Yulis Alcocer, Oceanside, CA Mon Aug 19, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tri-City

Answers

6
No, Normally a fee would only be asked when you decide you want it and they need to run a Credit Report.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 19, 2013
The typical scenario for these rental scams showing up on Craigslist and Postlets is an out of area owner saying he will rent his home cheap so someone will just take care of it while they are away and not using it. They ask you to send some money and then they will send you the keys. They are not really the owner of the home. Don't do it!
NO! There is no way a fee should be collected. I would love to help you with this. They could be wanting to steal your identity if it is something paid on-line. We handle about 1,000 doors, that never happens. We have showings where ten people say they will show up, five actually come in and usually one, maybe two will apply.

The only time a property manager will collect a fee is if you like the place we showed you and you want to apply, at which time we run a credit report and process all your references before creating an 18 page lease. Single or a Married Couple are charged $25.

I recently had the photos of one of my rentals hijacked on craigslist. Some one put picures of my rental's slick new kitchen on their shabby rental. The nerve...
I have no idea why my profile says PA Homebuyer...hmmm. I am a property manager in Oceanside, CA.
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013
It is NOT normal as far as I know to charge a fee to show you a home.
I would not trust this as there are many scams and ways of stealing your money.
If you see a rental that is way too good to be true, it may not be real. Use caution and never give them cash. Work with a reputable company and agent...you will be happy you did.
I have not heard of that, is someone asking you money? What is the reason they are giving?
No only if you are going to rent it.