Rentals in 98075>Question Details

bwbachar, Renter in Seattle, WA

Is it harder to find a renter for single family detached home during January to June as opposed to the summer months?

Asked by bwbachar, Seattle, WA Wed May 8, 2013

4 bedroom 2.5 bath in fantastic school district

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 98075

Answers

6
I have found that I have the most success finding renters in the spring and summer. The hardest time is November and December. Then you are competing with the holidays and people are just too busy to deal with moving.
There is such a demand right now, it is easier. I just rented out a place yesterday for a June 1st start date. They have 2 kids. One in Jr. high and the other in Sr high. There are many types of renters. They need to change housing for various reasons. I think the more difficult months are Nov - January.
Hi bwbachar,

The property manager in my office, who has 30 years experience, always gets his leases onto a spring and a fall lease cycle, because those are the peak times to rent out a property.

Karen
With the high demand for rentals right now, there's no difference at all. You'll have just as much success finding a renter in December as you will in May. When the demand decreases, then yes it is easier to rent properties in the spring and summer, but in the current rental market it won't matter. I expect the demand for rentals to continue through the remainder of this year and through the early part of next year.
Don't you think that given it is a single family detached and the renters will likely have kids that interested parties won't be looking for that type of property until after the school year ends?
I don't think there is much difference in finding a renter for your property in Spring or Summer. I have had some difficulty over the Winter months. Properties just don't show as well in the Winter