Rentals in 89014>Question Details

rubrebuild, Renter in Henderson, NV

Is it difficult to try to rent a house if you have a low credit score but have a good standing where you currently lease?

Asked by rubrebuild, Henderson, NV Sat Jan 18, 2014

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 89014

Answers

9
Chad Roberts’ answer
Another thought, most rental companies provide a thorough background of the tenant for the landlord/home owner. Credit scores, a criminal background check, and proof of financial stability are the backbone of this process. If your credit scores negate your ability to rent via this facet, you could always look other sites, such as VRBO, Home Away, etc. With those sites, you can often deal with the home owner directly.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
It really depends on the Property owner, Some Property Owners put a lot of credibility into Credit Reports, and others put a lot of credibility into if you pay where you are now.

Many Property Managers understand that the economy has sucked and people lost their jobs and bills were not paid. This was a fact of life for many people and so many of the property managers understand this when looking at applications.

a few red flags for many that I've worked with is if you owe previous landlords lots of money, or evictions.

Some Property Owners/Managers will require a bigger deposit if you don't have good credit.

It really all depends on what your credit report says and the property manager/owner that is managing/owning the property.

If you would like help in your search please feel free to contact me.

Robert Lacy
Keller Williams
702-556-3094
http://www.sellmynevadahome.com
Having a resource to help with HOA information and documents makes life easier for real estate agents. Recently, when selling a home in Ohio, Association Online provided me with all the HOA details for the listing, and then provided all the documents - by-laws, financial statements, covenants, etc. They made sure the package was complete, making my work easier. Their web site is well organized and very easy to use - http://www.associationonline.com . Call their team of experts – they are great to work with (970-226-1324).
Do keep in mind that not all landlords perform a credit check. Some companies and individual landlords prioritize with a consistent income, a stable rental history, and solid references. These components can hold significant merit.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
Hi, I'm currently living in Richmond, VA. But, I will be relocating to Henderson, NV in March due to a job transfer. I've never been to NV before. So, my question is should, I take a trip there to get an idea of where everything is. Before, I start looking at a house that may be far from my new job?
I moved from San Diego, Ca to Henderson, NV. That is what I did before I moved for my job. It's a good thing to do. When you find a place that you like make sure you check it out at night time as well. Henderson is a good area to live in Vegas.
Flag Wed Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for the feedback - I have also heard about " safe rent". I know leasing agents use this for deposit purpose in apartments. How is this used when looking for a home. What exactly is pulled and does it disqualify you from leasing a house? Also, HOA- is this a good thing or bad when looking for a house to rent?
Aneta is right. Renting a home is possible even with a compromised credit score as long as you have never defauted on a lease, been evicted, or have been brought to collections by a utility company. You will need to show 3x the rent in income and have a stable work history. If none of these are possible you most likely will need a co-signer. I hope this information helps.
is 670 too low, no lates, no evictions, paying too much rent now for the house
Flag Tue Feb 16, 2016
The more important is to do not have eviction, to have stable work and can help if you are willing to pay more than one month up front. If you need help to find house and also to discuss your crietria call me or send me email.
It can be. If your current land-lord is willing to put that in writing it will help.
Over the last few years with the housing crisis and peoples credit being shot landlords are more willing to look at job history past and current rental history than just your score.
I would ask up front before I start shelling out credit app fees.