Rentals in Suffolk>Question Details

Misty, Renter in Norfolk, VA

Is home rental with poor credit and a foreclosure a possibility?

Asked by Misty, Norfolk, VA Sun Feb 13, 2011

My husband and I would like to rent a house however, we have shaky credit and I have a foreclosure. Should we stop wasting our time looking at houses and just get an apartment?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Suffolk

Answers

7
My credit score is in the 500 and my Wife is in the 600 somewhere awesome years on the job, I'm not working due to an injury. Had a house in the past that was foreclosed on. Is it possible to get a rent to own home without being lied too.
Do not give up on a home rental. Go see the rental mangers in the local area and have a serious talk about how you will make all rental payments in a timely manner or do an auto with drawl to make rental payments. We always talk with possible tenants and assess each case separately. Some owners are more willing to take a chance than others. Try us, we have been renting homes in Suffolk for over 60 years. Cross Realty 757-539-2111 Harry Cross
Dont throw in the towel, many home owners will work with you
Misty, I have worked with several short sale clients that needed house rentals and have been very successful helping them rent. A lot of owners these days are not as concerned about credit and understand that bad things happen to good people. Having a good work history is important of course. I can help you with shaky credit and would love to help you guys find a rental. I live in portsmouth and buy and sell in all of hampton roads. Please give me a call at 403-5401. Thanks Bob
Yes, it is possible. You may need to post a larger security deposit to show the landlord you are worth the risk. I've seen six months paid in advance, for example. I agree that your better bet is to check on places like Craigslist so that you're renting from a private owner.
Good Luck
Misty,
There is a home out there for you. I suggest that you continue to look and be upfront with your situation with potential landlords. Many people are in your situation at this time. Their are plenty of rental homes on the market now. Other suggestions to help: Offer first and last months rent in addition to a security deposit when you sign a lease (if you can do it) . Offer a shorter term lease trial period to prove your are a great tenant then that lease can be extended to full term if all agree. Another thing that helps is if you do not have pets ( more homes are available to family's without pets) landlords generally discourage pets because they are worried about property damage or liability.

Gary Geer

http://www.GaryGeer.com
Good Morning Misty;
You may want to take a look at what's available on CraigsList or in a local newspaper. If a property is not listed on the MLS and privately listed you may have a good change at renting a property.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com