Rentals in Windermere>Question Details

Hope Sullivan, Renter in Gaithersburg, MD

Is Winter Garden a part of Windermere? for example I see WIndermere Cay listed on Trulia as WIndermere but in a lease to me it says WInter Garden?

Asked by Hope Sullivan, Gaithersburg, MD Fri Aug 9, 2013

Answers

7
John Lazenby’s answer
Windermere [34786] and Winter Garden [34787] encompass an area of Southwest Orange County
side-by-side. Windermere has a higher median household income--$88,109--and is ranked as the
wealthiest zip code in Central Florida. Winter Garden did not make the top 25. Another survey's results was just released---The mose chariatble zip codes in Central Florida. Windermere ranked 7th with $4,898,343 of giving for 9916 households while Winter Garden ranked 8th with $4,556,269 for
17,491 households. These results were just published in The Orlando Business Journal.
Winter Garden has more shopping areas and a developed downtown. Both 34786 and 34787 encompass large areas outside of the city limits.

If you wish more information, please contact me. I have lived in S/W Orange County since 1991 and have lived in 34786 since 2000.

John Lazenby
Colony Realty Group
407/616-4663
john@johnlazenby.com
http://www.windermerecustomhomes.com
When out of state and foreign investors say Windermere they really mean the area immediately north of Disney World, bound by I-4 and The Turnpike to the east and the 429 to the west. Windermere itself is tiny, but it is so well known that most every developer tries to get the word "winder" in their community name. Plus the US Post Office recognizes anything in 34786 as "Windermere". The vast majority of "Windermere" is not actually Windermere itself. Plus a lot of what investors think of as the Windermere area is really Dr. Phillips.

And no, Winter Garden is not Windermere.
Windermere itself is a very cute small town with brick roads downtown, traffic circles, beautiful moss covered Live Oaks and a nice mix of lakeside multi-million dollar mansions and cozy cottages that have been around since the 1940's. While the actual borders of The Town of Windermere are fairly small, all that falls within the 34786 zip code carries the name Windermere...this includes the glamorous gated communities of Lake Butler Sound and Isleworth and more moderately priced neighborhoods like Summerport (my home).

Winter Garden proper also boasts a homey downtown area with a revived walking tour feel. The area that is known as Winter Garden encompasses a number of zip codes and almost surrounds Windermere on three sides. The borders are almost non-existent in places and some of the kids that have Winter Garden addresses go to school in Windermere. The opposite is true as well as some kids who live in Windermere addresses attend middle or high school in Winter Garden.

The thing to keep in mind is there are a LOT of lakes so there is no straight shot from one part of the area to another.

You can find more info and pics for both Windermere and Winter Garden at http://www.johntherealestateguy.com/local/windermere/ and http://www.johntherealestateguy.com/local/winter-garden/
Winter Garden and Windermere are next door neighbors. However, there are some differences. Some areas in Windermere have very expensive homes, lake front mansions, many worth multi millions. Windermere is very unique and beautifully place to live if you can find something reasonably priced.
Winter Garden has much more reasonable home prices. Many very good neighborhoods. South Winter Garden is a bit more up scale than Winter Garden north of Hgwy 50. Down town old Winter Garden was renovated and is absolutely beautifully.

If I can be of any assistance, please email me at violetta marens@weichert.com and I will email you info about available properties. My office is located in the middle of Windermere/Dr. Phillips/Metrowest/Winter Garden
Some areas are located in the border of Winter Garden and Windermere, and sometimes some neighborhoods located in the limits of Windermere use Winter Garden zip code
Winter Garden and Windermere are two unique communities - each with their own character and historic downtown areas. I always say that Winter Garden & Windermere are "sisters" and, since tehy are so close, many of the neighborhoods in Winter Garden have added the "WINDER" name into their own. Many visitors and residents like Winter Garden or Windermere for different reasons...but they are both great places to call "home" here in Central Florida.

If you would like more info, please feel free to contact me directly. Good luck!
Winter Garden and Windermere back up to each other so a lot of the real estate blends in between each city.
Thank you Catherine, question now remains, are you able to assist me finding a place that is truly in Windermere? this makes a huge difference for me wtih schools for my sons. I am not opposed to going into a apartment townhome either.
Flag Fri Aug 9, 2013