Rentals in 96815>Question Details

VU, Renter in Honolulu, HI

Is 1511 Ala Wai Blv unit leget?

Asked by VU, Honolulu, HI Wed Jul 31, 2013

Does anyone know if this unit is Legit? How do I check if the realty is reliable and not a scam? His name is "Wright Phillips"

http://www.trulia.com/rental/3090148427-1551-Ala-Wai-Blvd-Ho…

Mahalo!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 96815

Answers

5
I have been on trulia long enough to know (most of the time) which ads are phony and which ones are real. First red flag is if there is an out of state phone numbers, 9 times out of ten those ones are phony. Almost all landlords have a real estate or property manager deal with their properties when they are not physically on the island. Also if you see the rent is lower than should be expected. I have never seen a rental, even a 1 bdrm in a not so great area be lower than $1900 especially in Waikiki. If they say they are on a mission trip or christian crusade in Nigeria, Africa, etc Huge red flag. I came across this con artist who said he and his wife just wanted someone to watch their condo(multi million dollar one at that) while they were doing missionary work in Nigeria and that he would mail the house keys and the contract ( after just a few emails) that we sounded like good people. But we send the money then he'd send all of the pertinent items keys contract etc. Crazy right. Who would fall for that? Believe it or not some do. A broker told me that 1-2 people fall for this a month and that's why they keep doing it. So you are for warned don't fall for it. If you have any doubt flag the ad and trulia will figure out if they are legit or not. If they are the add should be reposted, most of the time they are not. Good luck and I hope this helps. God bless
If you are someone you know can't meet the "agent." then it's probably not a good idea to rent. Actually it's a bad idea.
The Watermark doesnt have any units even near this rental price. Its a sketchy scam that someone will get burned on if its not flagged.
The fireplace and basement would be nice to see, haha. Pretty sketch.

Aloha,
Frank
Mahalo!
First time using trulia.
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013
Here's a hint, The Watermark does not have any 1-bedroom units.
Mahalo!
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013