Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Chel, Renter in Chicago, IL

Im going nuts looking for an apartment that allows big dogs.. Anybody can help me? I'm looking around Logan square area or Skokie area.

Asked by Chel, Chicago, IL Wed Sep 12, 2012

2dogs( 50 and 75pounds)

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

13
I know of a building that allows pets up to 75lbs and that is pretty close to Logan Square, but it's $2700/month. What's your budget? How many beds and baths do you need? Do you need parking? Feel free to email me at angela.bailey@bairdwarner.com with all of your criteria, and I'll send some properties to you from the MLS.

Equal Housing Opportunity
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi Angela,
The price is a bit too much for my budget. I'm looking for 1 bedroom apartment possible w a parking and w/d in the unit . My budget Is between $800-1100. Possible around Logan square or Skokie area. I expect to pay a larger security deposit or a pet fee.
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi Chel,

I'm a Real Estate Broker, but I specialize in residential rentals. I may have something in Skokie for mid-October, something in Rogers Park available now, and will be happy to search for you in other areas. I'm a dog lover myself, so I feel for people who have challenges finding a place to live where they furry friends are welcome. Feel free to contact me so we can discuss the details.

Bill Navarre, Broker
VibeRENT Real Estate
312-285-6130
Hi, I am looking to rent my single family home in the Sauganash area and would allow dogs. Here is a link to the posting:
http://www.trulia.com/rental/3094721915-6209-N-Kostner-Ave-C…

Good luck with your search!

Christine.
Unfortunately dogs will limit your choices significantly. It's not always the Landlords decision, either - a lot of buildings have regulations that everyone must follow.

I have a listing in Bronzeville that will accept two large dogs. Its a beautiful two bedroom condo with exposed brick, a fireplace and kitchen island.

Sarah
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
sarahz@jamesonsir.com
312-339-4460

About me: http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com/sarahz
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012

Big dogs are a problem in and of itself, but TWO large dogs is even more so! As a dog lover I sympathize with your dilemma. I had the same problem with a client of mine.

We ended up at 3150 N. Sheridan Rd.

Let me know if you need more help and good luck!
If you're still looking, please let me know. My son has a large dog, as well, and found really nice apartments in the range of $800/month in that area, one on Kimball and the other on Spaulding. You can reach me at LebaRuchoma@yahoo.com (I'm not a real estate agent, just a mom who was checking something out on this Web site.
Hello Chel,

No need to go nuts, get yourself a leasing agent who will dedicate some time in searching for you. Its as easy as that. If you need some recommendations give me a call, Good luck!!!
Web Reference: http://www.myownhome.info
Thx
I've been asking agents even them are having a hard time.. Any recommendations?
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi there Chel, we represent a new building at 4730 Kimball @Kimball Brown Line - certainly welcome here - check out details re pets and availability at http://www.4730Kimball.com - cheers Bill
2 big dogs is always a problem. If the condo association allows them, which uis not often, most owners do not want them. Let me know if you might like some help.
Hi, you can contact me @ 773 551 6554 or tatiana@conlonrealestate.com
I would love to help. Sincerely,
Tatiana
Be prepared to pay a large security deposit. Make sure that it is refundable.

How many bedrooms do you need and what is your budget? Feel free to contact me.
Thx Bil
I already expected the large security deposit and sometimes a monthly rent for the dogs. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom if possible around Logan square or Skokie. Any suggestions? My budget is between $800-1100.
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
if you have a good budget the world is your oyster..ho much can you spend..1400 for a 1 bed 2000 for 2 bed
I would get a good leasing agent. This way you have someone to walk you through the process, at no cost to you
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com