Rentals in Bel Air>Question Details

Jim331ken, Home Owner in Bel Air, MD

If "no right of redemption" is granted, do you have to wait 5 business days before filing the warrant of restitution, or can you file

Asked by Jim331ken, Bel Air, MD Sun Apr 15, 2012

immediately?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Bel Air

Answers

1
Hi Jim331ken, I'm a tad rusty on the rent court procedures, but I do understand your question. It seems to make sense that you have the final judgement in hand that basically says even if they bring you all the funds that are overdue, you are NOT required to reinstate the lease.

Now having said that, because you have come so far and are so close, I would wait the 5 days unless you can find something specifically in writing either in the Landlord/Tenant pamphlets they give out or online (pamphlet is available online, too), that addresses this situation specifically . You'd be surprised how the rent court judges rule how they want, not necessarily by what the law says and definitely don't count on them to rule with common sense.
Thanks for your comment. That's probably what I'll do, because the judge wasn't sure either. Thanks
Flag Sun Apr 15, 2012