Rentals in San Jacinto>Question Details

Terry64, Renter in San Jacinto

If a prospective renter has been paying his rent on time for two years,but FICO is 586 from the past,can he get a new rental?

Asked by Terry64, San Jacinto Thu Jun 21, 2012

Answers

2
Juanita Hall’s answer
I would say yes , due to the timely manner the rent has been paid and the fico
score might be due to medical bills or other issues that they can not comply
with at the time. Some property management offices do not use the fico score
as the rule for renting and others do.. 90% of renters pay their rent & on time.
They do not want evictions on their history, that makes them not be able to rent anywhere else.
I would ask the management office tell you how they qualify their renters.
You will find that this varies from Owner to Owner and from Property Management firm to Property Management firm. With this being said, when searching for a Rental, feel free to ask the Owner or the Property Manager what exactly they look for. In my experience, its not just the FICO scores that matter but the overall credit history. When I used to be a Property Manager many years ago, I didn't care what the FICO score was, all I cared about was how were the propective tenants managing their financial affairs. In today's economy, there are many good folks with bad credit or low FICO scores due to loosing a home or a job. To me the important part was not whether or not the prospective tenants lost a home, but rather what have they done since loosing their home? I used to verify employers, references and certainly past Landlords. Of course some people lie, but what is important is that if you are a propective tenant, DO NOT LIE!! I say again, DO NOT LIE!!!! When speaking to references MOM would be the first person to spill the beans, and once a prospective tenant is caught in a lie, its automatically DENY! Tell the Owner or Property Manager what happen, and what you have done to correct it and what you will continue to do. Better yet, document it by writing a letter and attaching it with the application.

Now, I will also say this. Since most of my background is in finance, I will advise you to look into raising that credit score. I DO NOT offer "Pay per Credit Repair Service". All my advise is free. If you would like to discuss, call me at 951-210-2101 and I will advise you FOR FREE on how to raise that FICO score.

Good luck to you!
One thing I forgot to mention, when viewing a Prospective Rental, wash your car! WASH YOU CAR!!! Some Property Managers will casually walk by your vehicle to see how you treat your car, your property. The way you keep your car may be a reflection on how the Owner or Property Manager believes you will treat their Rental property.
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012