Rentals in Colleyville>Question Details

Aemad Aslam, Both Buyer and Seller in 76034

I would like to rent my house in Colleyville.

Asked by Aemad Aslam, 76034 Tue Mar 16, 2010

Where can I get good comps for what rentals are going for and what prices do agents charge to attract tenant?
It is a semi-renovated 5/3/2 corner in Saddlebrook.

Answers

9
Joel Owens’ answer
I don't know your market but generally a good way is your local rental section in your newspaper. Another way is to look on the main rental website portal for your area. The third way is have an agent pull info on rentals through the MLS.

Don't look at what rentals are asking look at what they are RENTING for. Usually agents get first months deposit and the ten percent of rent. You would be better off hiring a property management company that has a pool of already qualified buyers that have been through a rigorous screening process. The property management company will also take monthly rents and keep accurate records whereas an agent generally just writes a lease. Some brokers will not allow their agents to do more than write the lease as the brokers Errors and Omission coverage does not cover property management because of the high chance of litigation.The property management company will also usually have better leases in favor of the landlord because that is all they do is rentals compared to selling homes.

When renting don't try to get the highest rent. What I mean by this is if your rent roll values for a home your size in your area go for between 1,700 and 1,900 a month you want to be between 1,700 to 1,800. The reason is just like well qualified buyers want a deal so do quality tenants. The higher rent payers are usually bad tenants who got kicked out of their last place for no to late payments and cause a lot of damage. It is better to have many tenants to choose from with a lower rent and get first and last months deposit then to rent high and have to evict a crappy tenant spending thousands in evictions costs and new carpet and paint to get re-rented again.

I wish you much success. No legal advice.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 16, 2010
"Meeting your needs and exceeding your dreams!"

Feel free to contact me directly in order to obtain any and all help you might need. I experience level will surpass your expectations.

Real Estate Consultant
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157
Hi
I am actually looking to rent a house in grapevine / colleyville area
Please email me affu212@yahoo.com
Afreen
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Any real estate agent who answered here can help you. Not every residential agent will work leases. Ask. Demand for leasing has been huge all over DFW in the last couple of years, so a smart agent won't turn their nose up at lease listings. Colleyville is HOT! Don't worry IF you can lease. Start packing. You could be 1-4 weeks from your move-out date right now. Most of my lease offerings are going in less than a month. Fee depends on the house and the agent. A fee equal to a month's rent would be common, with a portion of that paid to the tenant's agent if the property is offered on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
Rentometer has a useful tool on their website for determining fair market value of a rental. My results for a recent search on their website was based on 774 properties within a 14.9 mile radius of the address. Generally speaking, a months rent is what it will cost you to list your home with us.
Web Reference: http://www.rentometer.com
Aemad,

We would be happy to sit down with you and discuss the options, prices, ideas, etc.

Bruce Lynn
http://www.teamlynn.com
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
My business partner and I are very family with your area. I live in Bridlewood, in Colleyville.

The rental market is good, but have you also considered putting your home on the market for sale and at the same time putting it on for rent.....then which ever happens first......you will be covered.

I wish you much success!

Brenda Blaser and Pam Yoakum
Blaser & Yoakum Team
Ebby Halliday REALTOS
214.929.5535
pamyoakum@ebby.com
Web Reference: http://www.MyEbbyTeam.com
I would be happy to send you the comps as well as I would charge a discounted rate for sure as compared to most of my competition. No more than 75% of the first months rent and depending on how much the rent is maybe even 50%.

I use the internet to find all my tenants and then can provide a background and credit check for every potential tenant at no charge to you.

If you are looking for someone to actually take care of the property as far as collecting rents and dealing with issues. That typically costs around 10% a month.

Please feel free to call me anytime at 214-682-0598 or email me at rj.avery@att.net
Are you working with an agent? They can help you with renting or depending on your needs - You could use a property management company. If you do not like dealing with people directly - property management is the way to go. Otherwise, an agent can help you with all your needs. Coldwell Banker Residential has a leasing department. I am a CBDFW agent and I could help you with that if you were interested. Please feel free to contact me and I will help you.