Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

Dina Silver, Renter in San Diego, CA

I would like to rent a loft/warehouse w a full bathroom------live/work- -How do I go about doing that?

Asked by Dina Silver, San Diego, CA Tue Jul 30, 2013

Answers

5
Hi Dina,

In what area are you looking? I know that downtown (92101) they have a few different locations for live/work lofts that are very good sizes and right in the middle of everything. Sometimes they will have property management companies that you can contact and it would work just like renting an apartment.
what your phone number so I can show you some listings available....
Hi Dina,

I'd like to learn more about what you are looking for in terms of price, square footage, neighborhood, and length of lease to see if I can help you.
Hi Dina,

When looking for rentals, your best bet is Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by owners, property management companies and agents alike.

The best way to search is to put the zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly!

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit prior to seeing the property or filling out a rental application. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures off homes for sale with a low rental rate. That is usually when they ask for the deposit up front.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
You're most likely to find this Downtown. Check the rentals in Craigslist - still the best place to look for a rental.