Rentals in Sacramento>Question Details

Rachel Basped, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I would like to know if 3239 3rd Avenue has been sold?

Asked by Rachel Basped, New York, NY Sun Dec 11, 2011

And the reason why I am asking is because a agent Chris Firenze came by and left a card with my daughter in order for me to call him regarding the house and I didn't know that the house was in foreclosure until he came along and now another person name Raul Chavez wanted to take pictures of the house (which I allowed to do) and also filled out a rental agreement that was typed on plain typing paper without the California Association of Realtors seal on it and before that I didn't know what was going on with this house after Raul Chavez came and took pictures of the house and then all of a sudden November 5th he demanded rent and I paid rent with a check and sign the rental agreement! And I was telling one of my co-workers about the house and showed her the rental agreement and that is when she told me that it wasn't rental agreement and I need to stop payment on the check because I have been scammed and that is what I did right away and Raul contacted me about the check !

Answers

3
Jim Walker’s answer
There is an agent named Chris Firenze, employed by Claiborne Real Estate 6728 Fair Oaks Blvd. Suite 404, Carmichael, Ca 95608.
I have sent him a link for this posting so that he can investigate.

It is worth noting that the Raul Chavez initials are "RC" and the name on the tax record is "RC consulting" Is it possible Mr. R. Chavez is an owner?

There are no licensed agents in northern California named Raul Chavez. But that should not matter if he is an owner.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Rachel: I responded to your email to me yesterday morning on yahoo. Did you not receive it? This is what I sent to you:

RC Consulting owns this house. But before you give them any money, make sure you get ID that shows they work for RC Consulting. They acquired the home on Nov. 3rd through foreclosure.

Elizabeth Weintraub
Broker-Associate #00697006
Lyon Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
If in fact you were scammed, and scams do exist, report the person to the local authorities; you may also wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, and have related documentation reviewed.