Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

Priscilla Cu…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

I want to rent a home but now living in aparment complex and my lease agreement ends three months from now? Will i be responsible for breaking?

Asked by Priscilla Cura, San Antonio, TX Thu Jun 27, 2013

looking for rental home

PNC Mortgage, a division of PNC Bank is one of the largest banks in the nation. We offer just about every loan product available in the market, and we have an office in San Antonio. If you would like to discuss your options, please call me at 210-325-7631 mobile. A link to my website is listed below
You are responsible for giving the apartment complex enough notice when leaving. Find out if you have to give them 30 or 60 day notice, just because your lease terminates in 3 months, don't assume that you don't need to give notice all apartment rentals require notice. Any type of derogatory rental history will affect your possibilities of qualifying for a rental home
Yes, if you cancel your lease before is up, you're responsible for the months left, also most leases call for some notice in advance not to renew, it varies on each lease, you need to read yours. If you breal your lease before is due the apartment complex is going to place a judgement against you and it will show in your credit report and it will make it harder for you to rent again, whether is a house or an apartment. The best thing for you is to wait for the lease to end, give them the notice they require and rent the house after the lease is up. Let me know where you like the rent ( what part of town) and I can help you with that. Call me 210-275-8759.
Is there any way I can talk you into taking advantage of what will probably be the best buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes?

The market is rapidly turning into a seller's market
Interest rates are WAY DOWN, but they are headed up

If you buy a home now:

* You will get more for your money - Rentals never stack up to homes you can buy for the same payment

* Tax Write-off - You can write off the interest you pay on your mortgage, you can't do that with rent

* Build Equity in the home - Each time you make a payment, you are that much closer to owning it!

* Gain Appreciation - Homes tend to go up in value... the home is worth more than you bought it for!

If you rent a home: You get nothing!

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
Yes that is very true I have been renting for a long time and really would like to see if i qualify for a home i will give you a call after work if thats ok! Thanks Jason
Flag Thu Jun 27, 2013
Hello Ms. Priscilla Cura,

You will have to review the apartment lease you signed last year, looking for termination criteria such as penalties, days of notice, and hand written acceptable reasons in a letter. This will clarify the terms for such an action. Hopefully, you are on good speaking with the apartment administration for negotiating a satisfactory process.
Additionally, you will want to find out what happens to your security deposit and cleaning fee, especially if you leave the apartment in a clean and presentable condition.
Now that is the good stuff, the bad is that you might have to pay till the closing date of the lease contract, whether living there or not. Remember this is not an easy process.
Home rental (lease) actions is another financial transaction that has its own complications and stress factors. That is where a realtor, like myself, can help you through this process and ensure that the action is smoother. Call me at 210-479-1222 ext. 112 and lets discuss these details.
Gerry White, Realtor
Century 21 Scott Myers, Realtors