Rentals in New York>Question Details

gnmu, Renter in New York, NY

I want to move to New York to go to school, but I need to live there for a year for residency. Are there small studio apartments for under 750$?

Asked by gnmu, New York, NY Thu Dec 12, 2013

I don't mind which burrough I live in so long as the place is relatively near the subway.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

9
at that price range, you will have more roommates than you bargained for, come winter (rats)
I've always wanted a pack of vicious pet rats. Its a dream come true!
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013
Yes, we have several apartment in that price range. When can you come to the office to file out an application? Call me at 917-545-3389 for more info.
Please call me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Best of luck in school.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS on school. I hate to tell you $750 for a studio is stretch and a tear. I know there will be agents out there that will tell you they can help you but be mindful of location and/or living arrangements. it might be a good idea to partner up with perhaps another student or two.
Shares are the best route in situations like these. Regardless if you manage to get an apartment or live on campus your first year, you are in an amazing city of opportunity. So welcome!
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013
After reading everything I think I will look for roommates. Living somewhere with roommates would be better than living somewhere with an excess of crime. Thank you guys for your imput
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013
I agree. If you do work with an agent make sure they can send you a listing of what is available and background on the neighborhoods. Sahring with other students might be a viable option but you will want to have your name on a lease or the utility bills [as well as obtaining a NYS License or ID] to establish residency for school.
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
You might be better off looking for a share. 750 for anything anywhere is going to be a tough budget. If you're going to school at some place like NYU, living in the Bronx is quite the commute.
I have worked with a number of Columbia student and they tell me that there on campus housing office helps students find a room mate if they don't have one.
I am going to go to CUNY but I wont be enrolled for a year. If they have a roommate finder it would be hugely useful when I'm enrolled, I appreciate the insight
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hi- I just did a search and there are a few units in the Bronx (near multiple subway lines and near Yankee Studium) and will pay a portion of the broker's fee. When is your ideal move in date? Any pets?

Please email me so I can send you pictures.

Candis S. Ransom
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams-NYC
425 Park Avenue, 6 Floor
New York, NY 10022
M: 214-405-2020
cransom@kwnyc.com
Good Evening!
Congratulations on coming to NYC for school, it truly is a great place to live and go to school. I work with many students in finding them their first place, but unfortunately NYC can be a tough place to find a place with budget restrictions--the lowest rental I have ever done was $950 in West Harlem. And those are hard to come by. If you are planning to pay rent yourself, NYC landlords usually require 40xrent in income, and if you have a guarantor (someone paying the rent for you or co-signing) they will need to earn around 80xrent in income. Typically there is no such thing as a 750$ apartment in Manhattan. There maybe more inventory in Inwood and the Bronx, but it is still limited. Perhaps you could get a roomate or two? Regardless, email me if you have any questions.

Eric Rohe
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
CITI HABITATS
400 E 84 St.
New York, NY 10028
201.328.2758
Erohe@citihabitats.com
Through the 5 boroughs, that may be a possibility but be prepared to do extensive searching.

I can help you, though! Feel free to e-mail or call me at 618-977-2653 or my office at 212-367-0469.

Andrew Carr
Andrew.Carr@DJKResidential.com
----You can find studios in that price range in the Bronx. We can look for ones that would be close to transportation and that will fit your needs.

Where will you be going to school? When would you be looking to make the move"

Contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Ray
ryahnke@citihabitats.com
917-406-1059