Rentals in Portland>Question Details

Alimarie2380, Renter in Portland, OR

I want to move to NE Portland. I like the Alameda area. But I want my rent to stay around $1,000. I have a dog so I need a yard. Any suggestions?

Asked by Alimarie2380, Portland, OR Thu Feb 24, 2011

I currently live in Tigard, because it is very close to my job, but I want to get out of the suburbs. I want to live where there are more younger, single people, like me. Like I said, I like Northeast Portland, but I don't know if I my budget will allow me to live there. I want to live in a bungalow style home, and I need a yard. My current lease isn't up until May, so I know it's still early, but I just want to see what is out there and see if this move is possible. Thanks!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Portland

Answers

1
Sharon Wenger’s answer
Hi Alimarie,

I think it's doable for you to find rentals in that area for that price, you just may have to hunt around a bit. I used to have a friend who rents a duplex there with a small yard for about $950. The areas that are popular with young folks, like Alameda, all have high "walkability" scores, near cafes, restaurants, shopping, etc. Other areas you might consider include Hollywood, Hawthorne, Concordia, Kenton, Mississippi and the area around Mall 205 (for example Cherry Park). There is a website you can go to where you can find that out the "walkscore" for virtually any address in any city in the US: http://www.walkscore.com You can also go on http://www.rentometer.com to see what the rents are in a given area... start out by putting in address of something you know is for rent, even if it's over your price, and go from there. I think rentometer.com is listing rentals now too, so you might even find something there!

Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck!

Sharon
Realtor & Landlord