Rentals in Boise>Question Details

janyne_wiley, Renter in Los Alamitos, CA

I want to move to Idaho Eagle/Boise from California. How does one rent a place when they're not employed in the state they want to move to?

Asked by janyne_wiley, Los Alamitos, CA Fri Jun 14, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Boise

Answers

5
Having a good job is critical to showing your ability to rent or buy a home. For rental purposes, if you wish to make yourself a stronger candidate, I would suggest paying a substantially higher deposit and/or making some extra months' rent payments in advance. This would give your landlord confidence in your financial capabilities. Additionally, having a higher credit score will help your cause. However, each landlord is different and everyone has their own unique qualifications. My best advice would be to contact the landlord, inform them of your situation and see what you both can work out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
Congratulations on choosing to move to one of the best parts of the USA!
Since you are not moving for a specific job I would guess that you have friends or family in the area that are luring you to this area? My suggestions is to use your Networking skills, reach out to your friends and use their network to learn of rental properties or make a personal connection with a landlord or property manager. Use social media to see who they know that would be willing to rent under your circumstances. Perhaps with their recommendation you would feel comfortable in a roommate or sublet situation for the short term until you are employed.
A job is not as critical as good credit and having the ability to show how you intend to make rent payments. You may need to put down a larger deposit or pre-pay a few months in advance.

What price range are you hoping to be in?
Each potential resident's situation is unique, generally speaking, we would require and additional deposit prior to move in and that would apply with solid rental history and sufficient credit score. Let me know if I can assist further!
Jayne, my sister followed me up here in
1993.. She came up without a job, but landed one very quickly. What's your background ? T
You can always start with a temp service.. Using what you have work history in..
Sorry this was posted so many times
Flag Sat Jun 15, 2013
Hello Becky, I'm a foo

Hi Becky, thank you for the quick response. My occupation is in the food industry. I'm a food server with years of experience, I'm currently employed at Katella Deli Restaurant & Bakery. So I know I won't have a problem finding a job. It's like a catch 22 that if you don't have a job you can't rent a place & if you have no where to live you can't get a job! I, will be up in Eagle from the 19th - 24th of this month.can I meet with you?
Flag Sat Jun 15, 2013
Hello Becky, I'm a foo

Flag Sat Jun 15, 2013
Hello Becky, I'm a foo

Flag Sat Jun 15, 2013
Hello Becky, I'm a foo

Flag Sat Jun 15, 2013
Hello Becky, I'm a foo

Flag Sat Jun 15, 2013