Rentals in Austin>Question Details

mtwillis01, Home Owner in Austin, TX

I want to know how much to ask for rent for my house in Austin in Tanglewood Cove area. 3/2

Asked by mtwillis01, Austin, TX Tue Jul 9, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

5
Pricing your home is a strategy concluded from a compilation of answers to questions not limited to these:

When do you need it rented/sold by and how do you plan to execute?

What's your reach? (Are you throwing a sign in yard and waiting for drive by traffic, or are you hiring a professional marketing plan?)

How's the conditions? (Updates, cleanliness, curb appeal, appliances included, yard size, sprinkler system for easier maintenance on tenants, utilities or maintenance included, do most homes nearby have a half converted garage or is your home unique to the area and is unique "good" in this scenario, pets allowed, deposit requested, move in date, lease term requested, smokers allowed, how many tenants allowed, any other restrictions requested, what floorplan is it, how many sq ft, does it back to a main road, near a creek with masquitos, overlooking a water tower or utility towers, privacy fence, trees, how many, how big, what are your next door neighbors lifestyles? Barking dogs, broken cars and loud music?)

Anyhow, there's quite a bit, but no matter what the conditions are, its all about how many tenants/buyers you can reach and what you do with them once you reach them.
Http://ShawnMon.com
Are you asking for rental data or sales data? Good advice to consider hiring a professional to assist. However, some numbers to consider: Austin is about 95% occupied on the rental front, we have ~60,000 people moving here this year, 60,000 new jobs over the next two years and a limited amount of inventory for sale - new homes, to-be-builts and resales combined is about 15,000 over five counties. What's it mean? It is a good time to buy, a great time to sell, a great time to be a landlord and a difficult time to be a tenant.

John Crowe, Broker
Keller Williams
Hello. The best way to get what it is worth in this market is to hire a professional agent like myself. For a small commission charge, you'll get an accurate analysis of the market in your neighborhood for the type of home you have, placement on the MLS system for the listing, then when an application comes in, a credit and security check and preparation of the lease for you, if you approve the potential tenant.

Call me to discuss it all, if you're interested in doing it the best way.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
It is hard to say without seeing the house. Listing it with an agent will give you so much more exposure than just putting a sign in front of your house. I can evaluate your house not just by number of bedrooms and baths, but also by what other homes in your neighborhood are leasing for. Also, I would do a very thorough background check on any applicant so you make sure that they can pay the rent and have no crminal background, eviction, etc.

Give me a call to talk abou it.

Vivianne Dordea, Reator
512-554-5997
vdordea@austin.rr.com
It is a 3 bd / 2 bath with a large backyard. About 1500 sq feet. on a cul-de-sac Half of the garage is a converted office/room.