Rentals in Chicopee>Question Details

Karen, Renter in Chicopee, MA

I've recently filed Chapter7 bakrupycy and my score dropped to the mid 500s will I be able to get arental?

Asked by Karen, Chicopee, MA Sat Sep 17, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicopee

Answers

4
You can always use a realtor to help you find a rental. We have offices in Chicopee. Credit checks are not as important as steady income and references. Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
Yes you will be able to get a rental. Some places don't require credit checks so your credit score won't have any effect.
Much will depend on the individual landlord; therefore consider being upfront as to why your credit may be amiss; do show proof of employment/pay stubs, have some reference letters handy, etc., and go from there.
Best to find individual owners who rent properties and that you can talk with one on one. Apartments owned by major corporate players are a black/white analysis and you won't make it. Individual owners value the face-to-face interaction and if you can explain the situation in a way they can understand, you might get an approval. Offer to double the deposit is another way to win out. Good Luck!