Rentals in Hyde Park>Question Details

ebonysjones09,  in Chicago, IL

I respond to Leads but they never respond back. Why is that?

Asked by ebonysjones09, Chicago, IL Fri Nov 15, 2013

Answers

11
Its about the follow up. People get about 20 leads responses a day.
I will speak as a potential renter - in many cases the broker or landlord does not call or email back, so it works both ways.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Some leads are just looking, and may not be ready to buy yet, or are simply curious. Others are seriously looking. You should develop a follow-up program - for example, send leads information on whatever property, and follow up with a phone call or email. After a few days, leave another message or send and email. Hope this helps.
I think she means inquiries about properties she represents, since she's a property manager asking about rentals. These aren't the kind of leads to chase that hard.
Flag Fri Nov 15, 2013
I find that a lot of people simply click for more information and have no real interest in the properties they've apparently inquired about. This is true for all the major websites. As was said below, the capture rate for these leads is VERY small. I also agree with the comment that serious people aren't cruising websites like this. They're either working with a broker or they're contacting you directly for information. Don't waste time or get frustrated by the dead leads...just move on.
I hear you! I do the three strikes and you’re out rule. Because you cannot waste your time you need to move onto the next client. I will call them if they left their phone number, If they don’t answer leave a message. Then call again in a day or so that’s it no more calls. Also E-mail them once. Also put them (on-create listing alert) button is by the reply button and put there criteria in as you know it from there e-mail, use the price of the house they are looking at. Example if they are looking at a $75,000 house set the criteria for anything from $50,000 to $100,000. Set the Radius up for 5 miles around the address of the house they are looking at, or whatever you like. Leave the size & price per square ft. alone unless you want to fool with it. And then send it off. Now when that client gets that it will have all of your info on all of the computer generated stuff that gets sent to them. So you will be in there face at least once a week, because new houses will get sent to them when they become available. So actually that’s about 4 times if you get nothing then move it along. L
GREAT answer... Love when folks share unabashedly.
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
Hello Ebony,

Do you follow up? Are you asking the right questions when you respond? Trulia or any website for that matter are meant to establish you as a professional in the area you focus on. Start advertising only in areas you are familiar with and use that to your advantage. Answer the questions with relevant information regarding the area and the property. Try responding as quickly as possible and make time to meet at a neutral location (coffee shop, restaurant etc.) Once you have them in front of you make sure you start asking the important questions, are you pre-qualfied, do you have an area you are focused on, are you ok with brick rather frame homes etc. Good luck!
With any lead generator, you will only get a follow-up from about 5-10% of the leads. Keep trying and work on the quality of your answers
Grade A for a nice pithy clear answer!
Flag Fri Nov 15, 2013
If I get a reply I take it as somewhat of a bonus. I expect leads not to call me back. Buyers and renters have no loyalty whatsoever. We are not their boss and they are not accountable to us and they know that. And I don't care what their background is. Blue collar, white collar. High income, low income. The best clients are referrals. And I basically just try and rent and sell my own listings if I can get away with it. I hope I shed some light for you. Good luck.
Several issues could be in play.
1. Perhaps the questioner returned to Trulia and viewed a profile wihout an image and had second thoughts. Lots of scammers on the internet....I've heard rumors
-
2. If you used the Trulia intranet....who knows what happened
-
3. Nobody is serious Serious people PICK UP THE PHONE!
-
4. Real leads are not found on entertainment websites.
I am wondering the same thing. I have responded to several leads/questions and never get a reply.