Rentals in Columbus>Question Details

Mzwright1, Home Buyer in

I recently moved into an apartment complex, only to find that it is infested with ROACHES. I have 3 kids. Help please. :( mzwright1@yahoo.com

Asked by Mzwright1, Wed Nov 13, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Columbus

Answers

2
Mzwright1’s answer
Thanks Mr. Javadi for your reaponse. I appreciate it greatly. I've dobe that however. I moved in this past Friday, the exterminator cameout Tuesday and it seems like theyve gotten worse. Coming out of door frames, the sink, the rug!!! I just want out. I just want somewhere safe and affordable that I can raise my babies. I feel like im loosing my mind constantly looking for them, making sure my babies arent being crawled on etc. Ive bought the bait things and stuck them under my sinks etc....in safe places where my babies wont see them but who wants to live like this? No one should have to, its inhumane.
I'm so sorry to hear you're in that situation.
You may consider letting the property manager know again, that the problem still persists and you'd like it taken care of right away. Or if you're now sure you want to move, you may simply try asking the property manager to let you out of the lease with no penalty because of the issue at hand. If that gets you nowhere, unfortunately you may need to speak with an attorney.
I'm sorry I can't be more help than that. I hope things get worked out for you!
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013
1st order of business, fill out a work order with the property manager to request an exterminator come out. Hopefully you can get things taken care of at that level and don't need to go any further.
When I was a kid in apartment living, roaches were just part of the deal. The store bought poisons bait traps help, but if you go that route, make sure you stick 'em in a place that your kids and and pets can't get to them.
Best of luck getting this resolved!