Rentals in Minneapolis>Question Details

ms.jean.lewis, Renter in Minneapolis, MN

I recently have been promoted and will be relocating to Minneapolis. It will be a fast turn around and need to have a home by Sept or mid Sept.

Asked by ms.jean.lewis, Minneapolis, MN Sat Jul 20, 2013

I have 2 children, an 11 yr old and a 3 yr old. I need a great school district and a safe neighborhood. I also need to have access to daycares. Any suggestions for what neighborhood to look for?

Answers

18
Hello, I am hoping by now you must have found something and already settled in your new home. If not, I have a townhome to rent very close to Wayzata High School. Contact me at mahtabinusa@yahoo.com
Ms. Jean,
When are available next? I would like to meet you and discuss all of the many important factors that will make up your decision. That is...if you have not already found something :))

Cody Anderson, MN Licensed Realtor

RE/MAX RESULTS
Metropolitan Home Team

Phone: 612-242-5752

Email: Cody@MetropolitanHomeTeam.com

Search: http://cody.searchforminneapolishomes.com
Hello Ms. Jean,
May I ask are you looking to buy or rent a place?
There are many nice neighborhoods here in the MPLS/St.Paul area.
Where will you be working?

Respectfully,

Shawn Sullivan
Mortgage Loan Originator

Direct: 612-747-8200
FAX: 612-573-6604

My Website: http://Www.ShawnSullivan.Biz

WJ Bradley Mortgage Capital LLC
NMLS ID 3233
3800 American BLVD #1500
Bloomington, MN
Congrats on your promotion! Minnesota is a great family community with excellent schools.

If you'll be working in Minneapolis and don't mind a 15-20 min commute then I'd highly recommend the Western Suburbs. Minnetonka & Wayzata have award winning school districts. Edina is also another wonderful area with great schools. School district says the most about a neighborhood.

Best of luck!
Hello Jean,

If you have not selected a home by now, kindly let me know. We have a beautiful, private executive home in Minnetonka that is available for lease within your time frame. I am happy to send you detailed photos and information about the excellent schools in the Minnetonka school district. You can reach me via email at sbusch@skbmarketing.net.

Thank you!
Sheryl
Hello Jean Lewis,
If you are considering buying a home in Minnesota instead of renting I am happy to help you find the best loan options available for you. I still have low down loan options .

If you need any help founding out if you can qualify for a home mortgage please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help guide you through the mortgage process.

Respectfully,

SHAWN SULLIVAN
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS# 350140
DIRECT: 612.747.8200 | FAX: 612.573.6604

W. J. Bradley Mortgage Capital, LLC
3800 American Blvd #1500, Bloomington, MN 55431
Shawn@ShawnSullivan.Biz | http://www.ShawnSullivan.Biz
I dont think you will have any problem finding a rental for September. You should get started now though. Either connect with an agent, or use Craigslist to find a rental. Good luck to you.

BradAndersonHomes.com
BradAndersonHomes@gmail.com
you can connect with this realtor...

psalmela@gmail.com
As part of the Re/Max Nationwide referral network I can locate an agent who can help you purchase in Minneapolis. Please private message me with more info.
no, sorry...contact a realtor or rental agent. I have no available properties.
You may actually find it faster to buy a home then find a rental right now. It is just how the market is with rentals and their prices as well. Completely up to you, but just know rentals are tight and prices are at a premium.

You will find that MPLS/St. Paul and the surrounding suburbs are for the most part all great for schools. It is something we are known for, and the twin cities is a huge metro (we do after all have 2 cities).

So truth is I think in order to narrow down your search I would need to know more. What type of commute for work? Suburb or city? what type of home do you want? budget? amenities for neighborhood besides daycare? There is just a lot of questions to answer. If you want to consider the north metro where I work feel free to contact me. Mounds View School district is considered one of the best public schools, and the homes in Shoreview, New Brighton, Arden Hills, parts of Roseville/Vadnais Heights make up the big chunk of it. I listed the cities so you can google map them for a reference point.

A lot cheaper housing than the SW schools but I feel is much nicer. Best part is you are 15 minutes from either downtown, and daycare is no problem.

Just like I work the North side each Realtor specializes in different areas, and not all of us work with rentals. You need something fast, and that means you need someone in Minnesota NOW helping you. Feel free to check out our profiles here on Trulia to get an idea of where we work and the specialties we do. There is also testimonials from past clients on our profiles. Simply put if there are no testimonials I would not reccomend using that Realtor.

Good Luck Ms. Jean Lewis!!!

Chris Block
651-307-7663
chris.block@imetroproperty.com
Jean - Minneapolis is a family friendly place. Depending on where you will be working you should find everything you and your family needs at an affordable price. Do you want to rent or buy? Tell me more about yourself, the kind of daycare your little one needs and what would work best for the 11 yr old. would enjoy for after school, if needed. The resources are wide and deep. Tell me what you need and what your time table and budget are - I*'ll get right on it. Liz 612-986-4105
You can do a lifestyle search from my web site http://www.HomeByFriday.com which should help narrow down your choices. Where you will be working will also be an important factor for you commute. Love to show you a few areas around the city to help in your decision if you are taking any trips up here ahead of time.
Hi, Jean!
Just wondering, are you thinking of purchasing or renting? That will make a difference on the agents that are able to help you as some agents don't really work with renters.

Hopkins, Minnetonka, Wayzata, Edina, Mounds View all have notable school districts.

Of course it all depends on what YOU think is valuable in a school system. It's worth it for you to do your own research about this. Here are a few websites where you can do some comparisons.
http://www.greatschools.org/minnesota/

http://extra.twincities.com/CAR/schools/schools.asp

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USindexphp/STATE_MN.html

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mn/schools/

I'm SOOO glad you asked about safety issues. It gives me an opportunity to talk about this subject again. The state of MN Dept. of Commerce prohibits agents from speaking about crime rates or safe neighborhoods vs. not safe neighborhoods. That's because it might be perceived that you are making choices based on what WE think is best rather than what YOU think is best! They don't want us to be steering you away or toward a neighborhood because of what WE think. It's what you think that's most important. I would do your research about that too, online so you are informed.

BUT, we can talk about market value ALL DAY LONG and tell you where the best investments are!

As for daycare/childcare facilities, there are wonderful organizations, pre-schools, daycare centers ALL OVER the Twin Cities. I'd say it's more important for you to feel comfortable with your commute and find the best facilities once you've determined where you want to live.

Let us know what else we can do for you!!
Good luck!!
Please call me 612-839-4202.
In addition to the school districts mentioned, the Minnetonka, Eden Prairie and Wayzata School Districts are very good.....Pleas call me anytime. The more specifics I know the better I will be able to help you. I am a relocation specialist and I know the entire metro very well.
Depends on where in Minneapolis you are looking, but here are some award winning school districts to consider...

273 - Edina
196- Rosemount-Apple Valley- Eagan
194- Lakeville

Good luck with your move. If you need a top agent to help you, let me know. Seller pays the commission in our market:)

Dave
612-860-1537
I'd love to help you through this quick transition for you and make it as seamless as possible. Feel free to give me a call at 612-720-1382.

-Ryan Haagenson