Rentals in Kent>Question Details

Simoneb, Renter in Kent, OH

I paid 1st month's rent and security deposit. At move in the house was a mess. What recourse do I have?

Asked by Simoneb, Kent, OH Sat Aug 4, 2012

There were doors off the hinges with holes in them, exposed outlets, carpets were filthy and stained, rodent feces in the kitchen under the sink.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Kent

Help the community by answering this question:


Have you discussed this with the landlord?
If so....what did he or she say?

Too late now, but you should have done a walk-thru with the landlord before moving in.

At this point, if the landlord won't agree to pay for the repairs - you might have to pay for them and seek reimbursement.

For any legal answers - you need to ask an attorney.

Best wishes.......
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Ohio > Portage County > Kent > Rentals in Kent > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer