Rentals in Charlotte>Question Details

Chay, Renter in Charlotte, NC

I need somewhere to live ASAP!

Asked by Chay, Charlotte, NC Thu Feb 6, 2014

I have an eviction on my renters history from 5 years ago. I'm in the market to rent again, and wanted to know if anyone knew of any agencies that are "forgiving" of the eviction.

Answers

2
Hi Chay,
I am a new landlord. I find that tenants who have once been evicted have made the best tenants. Prospective tenants need a second chance, and that is what I provide. If you desire, give me a call and I will be more than happy to work with you. (631-220-1363).
Are you located in the charlotte area? I have someone who needs a place desperately but has an eviction.
Flag Sun Feb 16, 2014
Hi Chay ... One thing I know is that people are forgiving as time goes on. If you apply for an apartment and that eviction from 5 years ago comes up, then take the time to write a letter to the landlord of the apartment of your choice. Explain to them what happened back then, what you've done to make improvements and show them proof that you are on the right track and can be trusted. Also, offer to pay the highest security deposit allowable in your state, and / or offer to get a guarantor. Look, we've all had moments in our lives that we regret or have made some mistakes. We're just human. Best of luck with your apartment search. Sivya Weis RE/MAX Gold Coast (201)951-8306 sivya@hobokenproperties.com http://TheHobokenDream.com