Rentals in Tampa>Question Details

shortstuff46…, Renter in Brandon, FL

I need help to find a house for rent...no one will work with me because of bad credit..I have the income..but my credit score is low..can anyone help?

Asked by shortstuff4630, Brandon, FL Mon Jul 1, 2013

4/2bath home with pool ....in tampa,brandon,and plant city...thank you

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tampa

Answers

2
Ellen Zusman’s answer
As a Landlord who is often approached by individuals in your situation I can advise you to be upfront with any potential Landlord/Property Manager about your situation. Have an honest assessment and explanation of how your credit got in trouble and offer additional deposit upfront as well as a month of extra rent. Some Landlords will accept the risk and some will not. Accept the answer if it is no and move on to your next option. If you handle the decline professionally they may change their mind.
Shortstuff4630, Ellen's answer below is well said. If your poor credit is due to a foreclosure, or defaults on basic bills, utilities and housing, you may encounter difficultly in renting.

There are landlords willing to accept a risk with a tenant but they may request increased deposits and security deposits to compensate the risk. They may insist on cash or money order rent payments and allow zero days from the first before issuing a three day notice.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com