Rentals in Littleton>Question Details

briannab1369, Renter in Littleton, CO

I need help finding someone willing to accept a section 8 voucher

Asked by briannab1369, Littleton, CO Mon Jan 6, 2014

I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom house with a back yard in the Englewood or Littleton area. I do have a job as well as a section 8 housing voucher. I have lived in my home since 2006 and have a great reference from my current landlord, I have to move though because my family size has decreased. I'm looking for a move in date around February 1st

Answers

3
have you found a house yet?
If you are still looking we have a home for rent:
http://www.trulia.com/rental/3143218682-4500-S-Grant-St-Engl…

Please contact me if you have any questions.
Are you aware that you may be able to buy a home with section 8? It may work for you, but you generally have to lower your sights some. In regard to finding a landlord who accepts section 8, it is difficult as many landlords who took it in the past no longer accept it - mainly because of bad experiences with little recourse against the renter. Your section 8 provider may be able to help. Also, there are a couple of rental web sites, but many landlords use the free Craigslist. I would just start calling or emailing anyone who does not mention not taking section 8. Good luck.