Rentals in Albany County>Question Details

Patty, Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

I need help, I'm relocating from Manchester NH to Albany-Colonie NY area in less than a month. I need to find a house rental quick.

Asked by Patty, Outside U.S. Mon Aug 1, 2011

Looking for good school system, great neighborhood to raise 3 children, close to shopping, parks & recreation.
House I'm looking for is an updated home with at least 4 bedrooms, 2baths, playroom and pool would great.

Answers

5
Bethlehem ny (Albany County)
Delmar! Our school district (Bethlehem) was just rated the top in the Capital District. Our water was also rated the best tasting in the area. Delmar still has the feeling of a town, as long as you are on the town side of Route 32, not in Glenmont. Glenmont feels just like Clifton Park and Guilderland: a lot of housing developments connected to malls by highways. "Olde Delmar" has it all: Great parks & town pools, 20 minutes or less to hospitals, colleges, malls & big box stores, but walkable and homey. There is a big push in town to put in sidewalks everywhere and walking paths on a defunct rail line. I'm downsizing from a 4500 sf home to a much smaller one, now that my 4 children are grown, but staying here in this great town. My home is listed for sale on Trulia & Zillow (31 photos) at 249 Westchester Drive, Delmar, but I would say these good things about Delmar anyway. It was a great place to raise my 4 children and I highly recommend it. They attended the Hamagrael Elementary School, which is the most sought after in Delmar.
looking for long term lease in delmar
Flag Tue Dec 1, 2015
Hi Patty,
Congratulations on you relocation. You will love the Capital District. My husband and I are experts in the relocation department. We help many executives find the perfect home that relocate to the area. I am happy to put you on my automatic buyer email list. Please call us with the properties you would like to view and we can take you out any day/time that is convenient for you. Thank you.
Teri Cranston
Realty USA
Associate Broker
518-376-8532
Hello Patty. My name is Victor Franco (Sales Agent with Weichert Realtors Northeast Group), I have a listing/vacant home and the seller is looking to rent it out. It is a 3 BR, 2 BA with two "bonus" rooms that could be used as extra bedrooms depending on how much space you need. It also has a large back yard and tons of off street parking. I have attached a link to the listing website below. If you are interested in a showing or have any questions, give me a call at (518) 506-4589 or email me at vfranco@weichertne.com. Good luck in your home search!!

Victor
Hello Patty,
Corey Landy, Albany area Realtor, here. Rental Agents are a good source; however, it you want to find something rather quickly you will also want to try Craigslist/Albany as many area landlords & property mgmt teams are utilizing this site to market their rentals. We here @ Empire Real Estate also have a property mgmt team with rentals currently available. You are welcomed to give our rental staff a call @ 518-369-7247 x 10 to inquire about the specifics of each. Best of luck in your search.