Rentals in Fort Lauderdale>Question Details

Anonymous30, Renter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I need advice on rentals in the Las Olas area

Asked by Anonymous30, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Feb 26, 2014

We need to rent in the Las Olas area. My girlfriend and I cannot afford anything over $1000 a month. Combined we make around $43,200 a year. I currently work for a family member and get paid in cash under the table, my girl has a regular job. I also am an active realtor and full-time student, but I haven't closed a deal yet. Today we attempted to apply at one of these newer income restricted buildings in downtown, but because I'm a student, they won't rent to us. We can afford a decent place, but our credit is poor as I had a foreclosure in 2010 and my girl defaulted on student loans. My Transunion is 589, and hers is 534, I don't know about the other scores as of now. We are desperate to move in the next 30 days and we want a nice place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

1
I can help you if you haven't found a place yet. Did you guys rent at any other place before? If you can have positive recommendation letters from previous landlords, it would surely help your case.